An Post World Book Day Hamper Giveaway Promotion Terms & Conditions
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to the terms and conditions below,
In these terms and conditions:
“Promotion” means the An Post World Book Day Hamper Giveaway Promotion which will run on social media.
“Promoter” means An Post a limited company having its registered offices at the GPO, O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin 1, registered No. 98788.
“Prize” means one of five Book Hampers.
Terms and Conditions
- The Promotion runs from 2 March 2023 to 6 March 2023.
- Entrants must be 18 years old on date of entry to this Promotion.
- Entrants must ordinarily reside in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- To enter this Promotion, entrants must simply comment with a photograph of their favourite book for World Book Day under a post in response to the Promotion post on the An Post Twitter page (@Postvox) or on the An Post Facebook page. This is the only valid mode of entry to the Promotion.
- Employees of An Post as well as immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- The closing date for entries to the Promotion is Monday 6 March 2023 at 5pm. This time and date is final. Any entries received after 5pm on this date will not be accepted for this Promotion.
- One entry is allowed per person for this Promotion.
- The winner of this Promotion will be selected at random.
- An Post’s decision in relation to the random selection of the Promotion winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this selection.
- There will be five winners of this Promotion and there will be no alternative for the Prize. There are five hampers to be won containing five books – Lily Takes a Chance by Judi Curtain, Girls Who Slay Monsters by Ellen Ryan, Maybe by Chris Haughton, Fox & Son Tailers by Paddy Donnelly and The Shop of Impossible Ice Creams by Shane Hegarty
- Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted. Entries that are incomplete or illegible will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries together with the entrant’s details may be used in publicity campaigns (such as social media channels, websites and other points of sale or marketing materials) after the Promotion has finalised.
- By participating in the Promotion entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The winners of the Promotion will be decided by 13 March 2023. The winner will be notified by public response from An Post to their comment on the Promotion post. The winner will be asked to make contact with An Post to provide their relevant details to receive the prize.
If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within 14 days of notification, An Post reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from that winner and select an alternative winner.
- The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and the winner in relation to the Promotion and the Prize to be awarded.
- An Post reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any applicant, to add to, amend or waive any rule without prior notice and, in the event of circumstances beyond its control, to cancel the Promotion at any stage.
- Governing Law - This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
- Events may occur that render the Promotion impossible to proceed for reasons beyond the control of An Post. Entrants agree that no liability shall attach to An Post as a result.
- In the case of any delays to the timings stated, An Post will post updates on social media with any new timelines.