How to switch your current account
Open your An Post Money Current Account
- Open your new current account in minutes with the An Post Money app or apply in any post office.
- You’ll need a valid passport or driving licence and proof of address from the last six months (like a utility bill, bank statement, or a letter from Revenue).
Change your direct debits, standing orders and incoming payments
- Once your welcome pack arrives, contact each of your direct debit providers including those abroad about your new account or send a change of bank details form.
- Share your new account details with your employer or anyone else that pays you (like social welfare) with a salary mandate form.
Change your account details for subscriptions and recurring payments
- Update your account details for recurring subscription payments to your gym, Netflix, Spotify and so on, as well as online shops you frequently use.
Close your old current account
If you have any questions, please call us on 01 705 8000
Why switch your current account to An Post Money?
Are you a KBC or Ulster Bank customer looking for a new current account? With An Post Money, you get more ways to take back the power. Switch your current account to An Post Money today and enjoy the features you expect from a personal current account and much more:
Save for different goals, like a well-earned holiday or whatever you fancy.
Round up debit card purchases to the next whole number and save as you spend.
Make purchases the easy way with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Fitbit Pay
Post office network
Open a current account in one of over 900 local post offices around the country.
Switch to An Post Money
Open an An Post Money Current Account from your phone today and take the power into your own hands.
An Post Money App
Enjoy all the features you expect from a current account with low fees:
- Get your own IBAN, debit Mastercard® and the An Post Money app.
- Do your banking with the app, online or at any post office.
- Set up direct debits, scheduled payments and credit transfers.
- Pick up to €200 from a post office if your card is damaged, lost or stolen.
- Open a joint current account in any post office
Top 5 FAQ
Terms & Conditions apply. The An Post Money Current Account Debit Mastercard is issued by An Post. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. A monthly maintenance fee applies. An Post is authorised by the Minister for Finance to provide payment services and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland in the provision of such services.
Apple Pay and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S and other countries. Google Play and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC. Fitbit Pay is a registered trademark of Fitbit, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries