We are aware of fraudsters sending fake emails and texts to customers pretending to be from An Post. We are asking customers to remain vigilant and be 'scam aware'. You are in the right place to find information and tips to help you stay safe online.
Tips to avoid scam messages
- Stop and think! Are you expecting a package?
- Check for misspelling, unusual links or unfamiliar sender email addresses
- Watch out for urgent requests requesting immediate action
An Post will never
- Call, email or text you asking for your bank account or card details, user ID, PIN number or internet password
- Charge you a fee to have your parcel redelivered
- Send messages that contain any links when contacting you about the payment of Customs Charges
What you should do
- Do not respond to unsolicted messages
- Never click on links in these messages
- Do not give your personal details like name, emails or credit/debit card information
To help our customers be ‘scam aware’ and recognise some of the current fraudulent messages you can check out the samples below.
We have information about what else to look out for and what actions to take if you have been affected. If you have any doubts about a message you have received you can contact our Customer Service Team to verify if it is legitimate.