What does a correct postal address include?
A correct postal address normally includes:
- The name of the person or organisation receiving the mail
- The number or name of the house and the name of the street or road. In rural areas the name of the locality or townland should be shown
- For Dublin addresses the postal district number, where applicable, should always be shown
- Note that some postal addresses include the name of a county other than the one in which the address is geographically located, e.g. Ardmore, Youghal, Co. Cork (Ardmore is geographically in Co. Waterford)
- The Eircode for the address should be the last line for mail generated within Ireland and the second last line for mail generated outside the country