How to collect
A good first step is to open a Collector’s Account. This will allow you to set up a standing order for all or any of our listed products on the Collector Account application form.
We will automatically send your selections directly to your home as they become available. You can set up an account from anywhere in the world.
The Collector’s Account provides the following benefits:
- Reserve all new Irish stamps including first day covers and stamp booklets
- Direct delivery to you
- Receive our regular free magazine The Collector
- No handling charges and nominal postal fee
- Option to pay by credit card
- Guarantee that our mailing list will not be sold to third parties
- Low annual cost
To open an account all you have to do is complete the online application form or print the Collectors Standing Order form, indicate the quantities of each item you require and submit it to us.
For example, to receive all Irish stamp issues and first day covers for a year will cost approximately €95 or €1.80 per week.
If you do not select the credit card payment option, the minimum initial lodgement is €40. After that it is up to you and depends on exactly what you include in your standing order.
How to buy stamps
Even if you don’t set up a Collector’s Account, there are a number of ways to buy stamps, whether for everyday use or to enhance your stamp collection:
- An easy way to buy postage or collectible stamps is through our online shop
- After browsing through the different categories of stamps in our shop, make your choice and pay using credit card or laser. We will mail your selection directly to your home address to make choosing and buying collectibles easier
- Postage stamps can also be bought at a post office or through stamp vending machines and some shops
- Collectibles can be bought at the counter of certain post offices selling collectible stamps
Agent and dealer lists
We have put together a comprehensive listing of national and international dealers and agents.
Each year An Post produces a programme of special and commemorative stamps on behalf of the Irish Government, a popular feature for collectors. The most recent programme includes 45 stamps covering 19 different topics.