Delivering for you
We are committed to offering you high-quality services that meet your needs. To this end, we promise:
- To provide all customers with quality services at all times
- To provide services to all customers equally, accommodating their diverse needs
- To listen to our customers and to develop our services in response
- To provide information that is clear, timely and accurate
- To provide you with clear policies and procedures to resolve your complaint promptly
If the service you receive is unsatisfactory, our customer service charter sets out how you can tell us and we will use your feedback to improve. Read our Customer Charter (PDF, 1470KB).
Quality of service
Our commitment to quality service applies to everything we do, from safely delivering your parcels to promptly processing your payments .
We will strive to deliver services that are easily accessible, high quality and meet your needs.
Our postal services aim to be:
- Competitively priced
- Secure and reliable
- Regular and consistent
We will report on our achievements annually against specific performance objectives, including a target of 94% next-day delivery of domestic mail.
We aim to be efficient and helpful, delivering our services with courtesy, sensitivity and the minimum delay. Contact names will be given in all communications to ensure ease of ongoing transactions.
Access and equality
We are committed to:
- creating and maintaining a positive and accessible environment for all our customers and to providing clean and accessible public offices that comply with safety standards
- ensuring that there is no discrimination on grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller community
- Meeting the needs of Irish speakers by publishing key documents and including material in Irish on our website and making every effort to accommodate customers who wish to conduct their business in Irish
- Respecting our customers’ privacy, abiding by our privacy and data protection policies and ensuring all marketing communications are clear, fair and accurate
Listening to you
We welcome and encourage feedback on the services we provide. To make it easy for you to get in touch, we will display our contact details:
- In all communications
- In our retail branches
- On our postboxes
Keeping you informed
We will ensure that key information is available in as timely and comprehensive a fashion as possible. We will also try to make it available in different formats to meet the requirements of customers with special needs.
We will use clear, simple language in the design of our application forms and information leaflets. We will produce comprehensive explanatory material on our services and we will continue the drive for simplification of rules, regulations and forms.
Our website will be up to date, user friendly and accessible to all our customers, including those with visual disabilities.
In the event of disruption to service, customers will be kept fully and regularly updated.
Feedback and complaints
We aim to provide you with clear policies and procedures to resolve your complaint promptly and will maintain a well-publicised, accessible and easy-to-use complaints and feedback procedure.
If you have a complaint or any other concern, please let us know:
- By filling out the contact us form at anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us
- By completing an online enquiry form
- By calling Customer Services on 353 (1) 705 7600
- By writing to An Post Customer Services, General Post Office, O’Connell Street Lower, Freepost, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2
Find out more about our complaint and dispute resolution procedures.