Terms and Conditions for New Voices: The An Post Writing Prize
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to the terms and conditions below,
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
“Promotion” means the New Voices: The An Post Writing Prize competition.
“Promoter” means An Post a limited company having its registered offices at the GPO, O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin 1, registered No. 98788.
“Competition” means the New Voices: The An Post Writing Prize competition as part of the 2023 Irish Book Awards sponsorship agreement.
“Prize” means – There will be five x €100 vouchers for creative writing courses at the Irish Writers Centre for the five shortlisted authors. The winner will receive a trophy and a €500 voucher for creative writing courses at the Irish Writers Centre.
- The Promotion runs from August 18 to September 22 at midnight. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- All entrants must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of submission.
- This competition is open to any Ukrainian national living in Ireland, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries can be in submitted in either Ukrainian or English and these can be submitted by e-mail to Writingprize@anpost.ie or in hard copy to:
New Voices: The An Post Writing Prize
PO Box 13287
- Only one submission per person is allowed.
- To enter this Promotion, entrants must compose a new and original short story, essay, or poem describing their experiences of flight and exile in not more than 1,000 words. The submitted piece must be original i.e. not previously published elsewhere.
- Employees of An Post as well as immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The closing date for entries to the Promotion is September 22 at midnight.
- The shortlisted submissions will be selected by a panel of experts and the winner will then be selected by a further team of authors and experts.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change Prize specifications subject to availability at the conclusion of this Competition. No cash or alternative in whole or part of the prize will be offered.
- There will be five x €100 vouchers for creative writing courses at the Irish Writers Centre for the five shortlisted authors.
- The winner will receive a trophy and a €500 voucher for creative writing courses at the Irish Writers Centre.
- In the event the winner cannot be contacted the Irish Book Awards reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner.
- Entrants may be required to participate in publicity (photographs, interviews, quotations etc) and by entering into this Competition consent to this for the publicity of this Competition only.
- Reproductions, Photographs, footage and quotes from the winning entries work may be used in future years for the purposes of promoting the Competition and future An Post competitions. By submitting an entry, entrants consent to photographs and/or footage of their entry work to be used for promotional purposes.
- The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be returned to entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the Competition or alter the specification of the Competition without prior notice should that specification be unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Feedback or discussion will not be given or entered into over any entry.
- The prize is subject to availability, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Irish Book Awards reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email. The winners must claim their prize within 14 days of the Irish Book Awards sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Irish Book Awards reserves the right to offer any unclaimed prizes to a substitute winner/s selected in accordance with these rules.
- The winners’ name will be available by emailing email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 8 weeks after the closing date.
- The Irish Book Awards will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Irish Book Awards for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.