Terms and Conditions for the An Post 1000 Book Drop Hamper Competition
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to the terms and conditions below,
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
“Promotion” means the An Post 1000 Book Drop Hamper Competition
“Promoter” means An Post a limited company having its registered offices at the GPO, O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin 1, registered No. 98788.
“Competition” means the An Post 1000 Book Drop Hamper Competition which will run on Instagram.
“Prize” means – A hamper of eight books with a variety of chocolates.
- The Promotion runs from November 10 to December 1, 2022.
- Entrants must be 18 years old on the date of entry.
- Entrants must ordinarily reside in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- To enter this Promotion, entrants must post a photo of the book they received from the 1000 Book Drop on Instagram, tag @anpostofficial and add #ReadersWanted #APIBA in their caption.
- Employees of An Post as well as immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- The closing date for entries to the Promotion is Thursday December 1, 2022 at 5pm. This time and date is final. Any entries received after 5pm on this date will not be accepted.
- One entry is allowed per person.
- The winner of this Promotion will be selected at random.
- An Post’s decision in relation to the random selection of the Promotion winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this selection.
- There will be one winner of this Promotion and there will be no alternative for the Prize.
- Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted. Entries that are incomplete or illegible will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries together with the entrant’s details may be used in publicity campaigns (such as social media channels, websites and other points of sale or marketing materials) after the competition has finalised.
- The Promotion winner may be required to take part in promotional activities and The Promoter reserves the right to publish the entry, name, photograph and value of prizes paid to the winner. No remuneration will be associated with this activity.
- By participating in the Promotion entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The winner of the Promotion will be decided by December 8, 2022. The winner will be notified by Instagram Direct Message.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within 14 days of notification, An Post reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and select an alternative winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and the winner in relation to the Promotion and the Prize to be awarded.
- An Post reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any applicant, to add to, amend or waive any rule without prior notice and, in the event of circumstances beyond its control, to cancel the Promotion at any stage.
- Governing Law - This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
- Events may occur that render the Promotion impossible to proceed for reasons beyond the control of An Post. Entrants agree that no liability shall attach to An Post as a result.
- In the case of any delays to the timings stated, An Post will post updates on social media with any new timelines.