Some An Post services are available to purchase on the An Post website without registration or creating an Account.
Creating an online An Post Account (referred to as the “Account” or “My Account”) permits You to subscribe for and / or access certain An Post services as the same “User”, including:
Click and Post
These Terms govern relations between An Post and You for use of your Account and the Service(s) you choose to purchase.
Please read these An Post Account Terms before you use sign up for an Account or to use the Service(s) as a Registered User.
(Some An Post services are available to purchase on the An Post website without registration or creating an Account.)
The following Terms and Conditions apply to your Account, the App and the Services:
An Post USO Single Piece Postal Terms and Conditions
An Post Express Single Piece Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before registering an Account or using the Services.
An Post endeavours to provide the App, the Account and the Services in conformity with these Terms and if you are a consumer, may be liable to reimburse fees paid or pay compensation where it has failed to do so. Please see Section 7 of these Terms. Compensation may not be payable in all circumstances. In addition, certain limitations will apply to postal services.
Creating an online An Post Account (referred to as the “Account” or “My Account” in these Terms) permits You to subscribe for and / or access a range of An Post services as the same “User”.
Please read and accept these Terms by ticking the box “Accept” before opening an Account. If You do not accept these Terms, You may continue to make use of or access An Post’s services and products through An Post Post Offices or on the An Post website, including the relevant product or service page. The An Post Account is only available through the An Post website and the An Post App.
- Account: means the online or App account comprising the User Name, the password and the personal data and preferences of the User permitting the User to subscribe for and use the Services either online or in the App;
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession;
- Data Protection Law means the Data Protection Act 2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and the EC(Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (“E-Privacy Regulations)
- Password: the confidential code provided by the User which associated with the User’s email address, permits the User to access the Account;
- Personal Data means any data or information that You upload to Your Account to use Your Account including any data of other persons that is required for the Service You wish to avail of, such as for the delivery of items when using Click & Post
- Your Personal Data means Personal Data provided by You and including Your first name, last name, full postal address (including EIRCODE when you provide it) and Your email address; and where applicable, Your telephone number;;
- Services: the An Post services that may be accessible from time to time via the Account to You as the logged in User;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from You and other details You provided in connection with the purchase of Service(s);
- Usage Data includes information about how You use the Account and our Services;
- User: means the person (being consumer or legal entity) that opens the Account;
- Using the Account
- In order to use this Account, You must follow the registration process for the Account which is described on our website at https://www.anpost.com/myAccount/Login, and:
- You must be over 16years of age; and
- Please note that certain services may be available only to residents of Ireland.
- The terms and conditions which apply to the Service(s) (“Service Terms”), which An Post provides to You, will continue to apply in full to the Service(s) when You access and use them through the Account. Those Service Terms are incorporated by reference to these Terms. Please read those Terms before using a Service. When you agree to accept those Terms, You agree also to be bound by the Terms applicable to the Service(s). If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Service Terms in respect of any Service, the Service Terms will apply. Each set of Service Terms is available for You to view by clicking here https://www.anpost.com/Terms-of-Use/Registered-User-Terms-Of-Use;
- We do not charge for use of the Account. However, our standard charges and transaction fees for the Service(s), are as explained in our Service Terms, and will apply when You use the Account to enter into a transaction or to do anything else to which a charge ordinarily applies for the Service(s). As a separate matter, You may also have to pay charges under Your contract with Your mobile network operator or internet service provider. You will need to check those charges directly with Your mobile network operator or internet service provider.
- You must not share Your Password or other credentials that are used to secure Your access to the Account and / or access to Your account or other Services (Your “login details”) whether directly or indirectly, with any other person. Your log in details must be kept secure and confidential. You must not note them in a form that would be intelligible to another person, or other otherwise make them available to any other person.
- If You share Your log in details with others, they may be able to access and use the Service(s)which we provide to You. In that case, You will be responsible for the use of Your log in details.
- You should not provide Your log in details to third parties.
- If You suspect that someone else knows part or all of Your log in details, or You become aware of any suspicious or unauthorised conduct concerning any products provided to You by An Post, You must notify us immediately by contacting Customer Service at https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us. If You fail to do so, You may be liable for any unauthorised transactions on Your account which are as a result of Your log in details becoming known to someone else.
- After You have registered for the Account, we will never ask You to disclose in full to us, or to anyone purporting to act on our behalf Your log-in credentials. If You receive this form of request from any source it is likely to be fraudulent in nature and You should not reveal this information in response. You should immediately advise us of such request.
- You must keep Your device on which You have installed the Account secure. You must delete the Account from any device before replacing or disposing of it. This includes deleting any log in details or other information related to the Account which is stored on the device. If Your device has been lost or stolen, You agree to contact us as soon as possible.
- You agree that these security procedures, and the ones described in our Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”) https://www.anpost.com/myAccount/Profile, are reasonable and You accept them. If You suffer loss or damage, An Post will not be liable for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of Your failure to comply with our security procedures.
- While we put reasonable security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of any information that concerns You, and passes over the internet, or via mobile networks. If You use the Account, You acknowledge and accept these risks.
- We have incorporated safety mechanisms into the Account to prevent unauthorised third party access to Your account. We reserve the right to block Your access to the Account if Your log in details have been compromised or access by You is no longer required. You will find details on how to reset Your Password on login. You may also contact https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us for information regarding any suspension of access. An Post will endeavour to assist with the removal of any access restriction where practical unless it would be unlawful for us to provide this information to You.
- Your instructions to us using the Account
- When You use the Account, You irrevocably authorise and instruct us to act upon the instructions received from You through the Account provided the instructions and requests are made by use of Your log in details. You must ensure that all instructions given to us through the Account are accurate and complete, and (where applicable) prior to confirming any such instruction, shall ensure that the instruction as relayed back to You for the purpose of confirmation is complete and accurate. You are solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of each instruction. We may act on Your instructions and requests without taking any further steps to ensure that the instructions or requests are genuine.
- In most circumstances, You cannot adjust or cancel any instructions for payment given through the Account for the Services and the instructions given by You shall be final and completed by us without further instruction, unless otherwise explained in our Service Terms.
- We are authorised to provide all information requested and execute all instructions given through the Account using Your log in details unless we have received actual written notice of Your death or legal incapacity.
- We may refuse to process any instruction or request for information received through the Account if:
- an instruction to make a payment fails;
- we suspect that the Account is being used for fraudulent purposes or that Your log in details have been compromised; or
- we suspect that the Account is being accessed and / or used in an irregular or unauthorised manner (although please be aware that this is at our discretion and we are not liable for any failure to do so).
- Data Protection and Cookies
- An Post respects Your privacy. We will at all times comply with our obligations under data protection law and our Privacy Statement, which can be viewed at https://www.anpost.com/Privacy. Our Privacy Statement sets out in detail how we collect and use Your personal data in accordance with data protection law.
- In particular, You agree that Your Personal Data and Transaction Data may be used by An Post for the following purposes:
- the opening of Your Account and Your registration as a User;
- the operation and maintenance of Your Account, including for continued log in purposes (up to three months);
- the provision of any of the Service(s) and to process payments;
- to manage our relationship with you and to enable us to contact you, if necessary, in connection with the Account, the App or the Service(s) and
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Your Personal Data and Usage Data may also be used by An Post in pursuit of its legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- to notify You of other services offered by An Post and by the An Post group of companies, unless You have indicated that You wish to opt out of such notifications and communications;
- to enhance or improve Your experience of the Services, for example, changes to the Service(s), Service enhancements and promotions in connection with the use of the Account or the Service(s) ;
- to improve and develop existing or new An Post services.
- More information is contained in the Marketing and Profiling sections of the An Post Privacy Statement.
- Your Personal Data will not be used by An Post for decision making based solely on automated processing and where such decision making would produce legal effects concerning You, or similarly significantly affect You, without first obtaining Your consent and otherwise as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- You agree that any other Personal Data that You use or upload in the Account has been obtained and used in accordance with the principles of Data Protection Law. Any Personal Data will not be retained for any longer than it deems reasonably necessary. An Post’s policy for the closure of inactive accounts will be applied.
- Opting out: You may choose to opt out of some or all marketing opt out and / or manage Your marketing settings by:
- Updating your preferences, accessible on this page when logged in https://www.anpost.com/myAccount/Profile.
- You may also choose to opt out of all marketing by contacting us, please see https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us.
- Where You opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to any Transaction Data or Usage Data which is still required to be retained by An Post.
- You may also make an access request in relation to any Personal Data An Post holds by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your right to use the Account and An Post’s Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree that all intellectual property rights relating to the Account, its source and object code and other materials used as part of the operation of the Account and the provision of our products and services, remain the property of An Post and You agree that You shall not copy, modify or adapt the Account or Related Materials in any way.
- You have a limited right to access and use the most recent version of the Account solely in connection with our products and services, provided all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices are left intact. Copies made incidentally in the ordinary course of Your use of the Account (such as in cache memory) are permitted, provided You do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other notice. You are prohibited from copying, reproducing or using, in any other way whatsoever, any part or all of the Intellectual Property,
- You may use the Account only for lawful purposes. You must not:
- use the Account on behalf of any person other than Yourself, or dishonestly access any other person’s accounts or products using the Account;
- send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any virus, malware, malicious code or any material which does not comply with these Terms;
- interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Account or any product or any network or equipment used in the provision of the Account or any product; or
- copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt or make error corrections to the Account in whole or in part, or access the Account using any automated tools.
- Availability of service
- The information available to You through the Account will be as up-to-date as our systems permit at the time of Your use or enquiry. However, we cannot guarantee that it will always be completely up to date.
- We will do what we reasonably can to make the Account available to You without interruption or delay. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Account for business, technical or operational reasons. This may include periods when we are upgrading the Account to improve performance, enhance functionality or address security issues. We will try to give You reasonable notice when we plan on doing this, and do as much as we reasonably can to keep any disruption to a minimum.
- Some interruptions and delays, for example, interruptions or delays caused by transmission or computer system virus or corruption, cyber risk, system or communications failure, may be outside out control. We will do what we reasonably can to resolve any issues within our control
- We may add new services to the Account from time to time and will provide service updates if we do. We may need to vary the services available to You through the Account from time-to-time to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, necessary technical updates, or depending on the device You are using, or due to events which are outside of An Post’s control.
- We do as much as we can to design and test our Account to work on the latest versions of IOS and Android. However, it may not work on all devices, device models and systems. This means that if You have an older device or system, or one which is no longer supported by the manufacturer, You may experience difficulties using our Account and may not be able to use all of its functions.
- Our liability to You
- An Post will do what it reasonably can to make the Service available to You as set out in these Conditions.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is caused by and which is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Evidence of loss or damage will be required.
- Compensation may not be payable for losses you suffer if the loss if is:
- not foreseeable: Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was anticipated by you and us at the time we entered into the agreement for the service / product not as a result of our breach of, or, your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions; for example if you have provided us with wrong or insufficient information; or have not adhered to the Security guidelines;
- Caused by a delay or an event outside our control;
- Avoidable: Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, by following advice to apply a free update or having the system requirements advised by us;
- A business loss. if you are not a consumer but it relates to Your use of a service or a product for the purposes of Your trade, business, or profession, for example, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- This section (Our liability to You) does not affect our liability as set out in the Service Terms relating to the Service(s) in connection with which the Account is used, if we have acted fraudulently, with gross negligence or are in deliberate breach of our obligations, or law or regulation does not permit us to limit or exclude our liability to You.
- Your liability to us
- By using the Account, You are agreeing to comply strictly with these Terms. If You do not comply with these Terms, and we suffer losses or incur costs, we may be able to claim these back from You. We may also terminate Your right to use the Account, as explained in the Term and Termination section below.
- This section (Your liability to us) does not affect our liability as set out in the Service Terms relating to the Service(s) in connection with which the Account is used.
- Term and Termination
- These Terms will continue to apply for as long as You use the Account, unless You decide to terminate them. You can do this at any time without having to explain Your reason, either by letting us know or by stopping Your use of the Account. If You stop using the Account for any reason (including if You or we terminate Your agreement with us), You may not be able to access and use all of An Post’s products or services.
- We may terminate Your right to use our Account at any time, on not less than 30 days’ notice to You, unless under applicable law we are required to give You longer notice. However, we reserve the right to terminate this agreement or suspend Your use of the Account without notice:
- if You cease to be a customer of An Post;
- in the event of Your death, legal incapacity or if You are no longer, in our opinion, able to manage Your financial affairs;
- if we terminate the right for You to access or use any accounts or products under any agreement with You;
- if You materially breach these Terms or we reasonably believe that the Account has been used, by You or using Your log in details, in a manner which is negligent, illegal, fraudulent or for other inappropriate purpose, including where such actions are by a third party as a result of Your negligence or recklessness; or
- we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- We reserve the right to process or cancel any instructions received through the Account which are in progress on termination and / or suspension of Your use of the Account.
- Even if these Terms have been terminated, both You and An Post will be able to rely on some sections in connection with use of the Account before termination (for example, the “Our liability to You” and “Your liability to Us” sections) and / or where those sections are necessary to protect You or us on an ongoing basis even after termination (for example, the “Your right to use the Account and An Post’s Intellectual Property Rights” section).
- Changes to these Terms
- We may need to change these Terms to reflect changes in law, best practice or changes in the functionality of the Account. Reasonable notice of any material changes to these Terms will be provided on our website. The current, up to date version of these Terms will be available at https://www.anpost.com/Terms-of-Use/Registered-User-Terms-Of-Use
- If we notify You of a change, and You continue to use the Account, we will assume that You have agreed to the changes. If You do not agree with any of the notified changes, You should stop using the Account and close the Account from Your device. In that case, You may continue to make use of An Post’s services and access its products or services through An Post Post Offices and the An Post website.
- We may also need to change the Service Terms for any Service from time to time to reflect changes in law, best practice or changes in any Service. Reasonable notice of any material changes to the Service Terms will be provided on our website at https://www.anpost.com/Terms-of-Use/Registered-User-Terms-Of-Use
- Other legal provisions
- If a court decides that we cannot rely on any of these Terms, for any reason, that provision will not apply to the extent decided by the court. The rest of these Terms will continue to apply.
- An Post may decide to transfers its rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will let You know if that happens, and will ensure that Your rights under these Terms are protected as required by applicable law.
- Your right to use the Account is personal to You. You cannot assign or transfer Your right to use the Account to anyone else or to any other or entity.
- Irish law applies to these Terms, and any dispute will be subject to the decision of the Irish courts.
The Terms and Conditions will govern Your purchase of Postage Labels which You need to adhere to Your item before sending or returning it by post. This Postage Label will indicate pre-payment of the Charges for sending Your item using the Postal Services, The Postage Labels are for use with the Postal Service You choose when using Click & Post. Provisions of postal legislation and international postal conventions will apply. This may result in some limitation on the compensation payable. You choose the contents of Your Item. Items must not contain items either not permitted in the Terms or unsuitable for sending by post (Prohibited or Restricted Items). Items must be properly addressed.
Please read these Terms carefully before accepting them and before making any purchase of a Postage Label. This Click & Post service allows You to buy Postage Labels for certain Postal Services and these are:
Additional General service terms and conditions apply to the above services. You can find them here.
An Post endeavours to provide the Click & Post service in conformity with these Terms.
An Post may be liable to reimburse the Postage Charges you paid or pay compensation in respect of contents where it has failed to provide the Postal Services in accordance with the General Terms. However, reimbursement or compensation may not be payable in all circumstances depending on the Postal Service You choose or the contents You send.
In order to avoid duplicative or fraudulent claims, evidence will be required to make a claim for compensation. Please see Clause 10 of these Terms in relation to Our Liability and Clause 11 in relation to postage requirements.
Please see Clause 21 of the General Terms in relation to compensation for Registered Service and Clause 16 of the Express terms and conditions in relation to Express Services.
If you wish to send an Item by Registered, You must bring Your Item to a post office for posting, otherwise, it may not be fully traceable as registered post.
The term “You” for purposes of these Terms, means you in your individual capacity, and if applicable, the company or other legal entity whom you represent and on whose behalf you access and use the Service, whether on a once off or Registered User basis.
Capitalised terms used in these Terms have the meanings specified below or elsewhere in these Terms.
2. Use of The Online Solutions
3. Nature of the Online Solutions
4. Information about you and your data
5. Purchase of postage labels
6. Payment of Charges
7. Postage Labels
8. Cancellation of a Postage Label
9. Your System
10. Exclusion of Liability
11. Discretion to refuse items for Posting
12. Intellectual property rights
13. Availability of the site and the postal services
14. Suspension and Termination
15. Force Majeure
16. Documents incorporated by reference
17. Severance and Waiver
18. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
Variation of Terms: We may from time to time add to, change or remove any part, term or condition of these Terms (including amending the Charge) without prior notice to you, by posting a revised version of these Terms on the Site. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. By continuing to use the Service after you are notified of such updated Terms you indicate your acceptance of such changes.
In these Terms:
2. USE OF THE ONLINE SOLUTIONS
Please note that during your use of the Site, you will be prompted to provide the required information for each Postage Label in accordance with the instructions provided during each step.
Further details are also available in the FAQ for each Service. Please consult the FAQ for advice in relation to correctly printing and affixing the Postage Label.
- “Cancellation Period” means 14 days;
- “Charge” means the charge for the applicable Postal Service and which is set out on the Site;
- “CLICK AND POST” means the Online Solutions of An Post provided via the Site;
- “Collection” means the collection of the Return Item by An Post on a Working Day from a Collection Address nominated by You for onward delivery to a Return Address.
- “Content” means all content, material and other information made available on or through the Service;
- “Collection Address” means an address in the State nominated by You from which a Return Item is collected by An Post in connection with the Return Solution for onward delivery to a Return Address.
- “Data Protection Legislation” means the Data Protection Act 2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”);
- “Drop Off” means the delivery of the Item (or Return Item) by You to the relevant Drop Off Point for the purpose of sending an Item pursuant to the Send Solution or effecting a return of a Return Item to a Retailer pursuant to the Return Solution;
- “Drop Off Point” means either one of the selected post offices, one of the selected Post Point outlets or, where available, an An Post parcel locker (in each case as indicated on the An Post Post Office Locator on the Site;
- “FAQ” means the “Frequently Asked Questions” section related to the Send Solution and the Return Solution on the Site;
- “General Terms” means the An Post Single Piece Terms and Conditions for USO services; as found on https://www.anpost.com/Terms-Conditions and for Express and/or Non-USO Services, the General Conditions only (other than Condition 13); as found here;
- “Item” means a Letter, Large Letter, Packet or Parcel (in each case, as defined in the General Terms) the content of which is not a Prohibited Item and which is within the size and weight limits specified at https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide and is packed to the required standard (for advice on packing see www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide). Items shall be construed accordingly.
- "My Account" means your online AnPost.com account for which you have registered;
- “Online Solution(s)” means the Return Solution or the Send Solution or both if applicable;
- “Post Office” means a post office listed at http://www.anpost.ie/findapostoffice
- “Postage Label” means a label, authorised for use by An Post to indicate payment of postage and/or the Charge on an Item/Return Item. A postage label will be in a form to be affixed to an Item/Return Item cover as An Post may from time to time require;
- “Postal Service” means in relation to the Online Solutions, those postal services offered by An Post in accordance with the General Terms for the transmission by post of the Items or Return Items (which may be updated, changed, withdrawn or unavailable from time to time, as notified or described on the Site from time to time);
- “Prohibited Items” means the products listed at https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide/Prohibited-Items
- “Registered User(s)” means a Customer who chooses to register with An Post to use the Online Solutions to facilitate one or more than one Transaction;
- “Restrictions on Use” means the restrictions on your use of the Site as set out in the An Post.ie Website Terms;
- “Retailer” means the retailer (registered with An Post for the purpose of the Service, and including An Post where applicable) to whom the Return Item is to be returned using the Return Solution;
- “Return Address” means the address within the State nominated by the Retailer to which the Return Item is to be delivered by An Post as part of the Return Solution.
- “Return Item” means an Item which is packed in its original box with original packing or to equivalent standard (for advice on packing see www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide) to be returned via the Return Solution and Return Items shall be construed accordingly;
- the “Return Solution” means all aspects of the An Post online returns service and system as made available to Customers on the Click & Post page of the Site (which may be updated, changed, withdrawn or unavailable from time to time, as notified or described on the Site from time to time) and which comprises the ability to procure a Postage Label for the return of Items (using the Postal Service(s)) to the Retailer by the Customer making an online payment on a single use "as required basis", (or without requiring payment where agreed between An Post and the Retailer) or as a Registered User and subject to these Terms, the General Terms and otherwise subject to the Website Terms as set out on the Site (and for which further information is available in the “Frequently Asked Questions” (“FAQ”) section related to the Return Solution on the Site);
- the “Send Solution” means all aspects of the An Post online sending service and system as made available to Customers on the Click & Post page on the Site (which may be updated, changed, withdrawn or unavailable from time to time, as notified or described on the Site from time to time) and which comprises the ability to procure a Postage Label to be used for the sending of Items using the Postal Service(s) by the Customer making an online payment on a single use "as required basis" or as a Registered User and subject to these Terms and the General Terms and otherwise subject to Website Terms for the Site (and for which further information is available in the “Frequently Asked Questions” (“FAQ”) section related to the Send Solution on the Site) but excluding the purchase of stamps, which is available to you via https://www.anpost.com/shop;
- “Service” means the Send Solution or the Return Solution as applicable.
- “Site” means the An Post website https://www.anpost.com/ or any other website operated on behalf of An Post that enables the Online Solution(s);
- “Transaction” means each order of a Postage Label (or Postage Labels) for sending an Item or a Return Item whereby a Customer can send or return goods using the Send Solution or the Return Solution, as appropriate;
- “Working Day” means any day between the hours of 9am and 5pm which is not a Saturday, Sunday, bank holiday, public holiday or a day for which An Post otherwise has a derogation as a non-service day.
3. NATURE OF THE ONLINE SOLUTIONS
- In order to use the Send Solution and to complete a Transaction You must:
- select the Postal Service required;
- input the receiver details and the receiver address; (or receiver addresses, where applicable);
- either print the Postage Label(s) provided at home or print at the Drop off Point; and
- pay the Charge.
- If you wish to become a Registered User for the sake of one or more than one Transactions, please also see clause 3.7 below.
- In order to use the Return Solution and to complete a Transaction You must:
- select the Retailer from the drop down menu on the Site (a “Registered Retailer”)
- select either Address Collection or Drop Off Return as the collection point for the Return Item; and
- pay the Charge (you may not be required to do so in certain cases for the Return Solution, i.e., where the Registered Retailer has agreed to cover the Charge for Return Items being returned to it).
- Please note: A delay in returning a Return Item may occur where a postcode or an eircode is not provided as required.
- Where Return Items are booked for Address Collection prior to twelve (12) midnight on any day An Post will use reasonable endeavours to collect these on the next Working Day after the booking is made. You may book a Collection for a future date not more than two (2) Working Days in advance of the date of booking. You may contact Us at 01 705 7600 between 9am and 5.30pm on a Working Day in relation to any queries which You may have in relation to a booking.
- Once you have completed a Transaction, a Postage Label (or Postage Labels) containing the required barcode(s) will be generated (and sent to you by email) and this must be printed by You and attached to the Item or Return Item. You will receive a confirmation email. Where a tracking service is included in the Postal Service selected, the confirmation email will provide you with the tracking number(s) of your Transaction. (Where Post Office Drop Off is used, the tracking number(s) is provided at the Post Office counter).
- Where Collection is selected by You for a Return Item as part of the Return Solution, a Postage Label containing the required barcode will be provided at time of Collection of the Return Item. Your confirmation email will contain the tracking number where applicable. Return Items are collected by An Post from the Collection Address within two (2) Business Days where the Collection Address is correctly configured and the correct eircode is provided by You. The actual collection time will be confirmed to you by way of a phone call to the mobile telephone number provided by You on the Site. In the event that We are unable to collect the Item because it is not available for collection when we attempt to make a collection at the time and place nominated by You, You acknowledge that the Transaction shall be deemed to have been cancelled by You and any Charges paid forfeited.
- Where Drop Off at a Post Office is selected by You as part of the Send Solution (or the Return Solution where applicable), a Postage Label containing the required barcode may be generated for you at the Post Office counter by presenting the required information and the Item or Return Item at the Post Office counter. Where tracking is included in the Postal Service you have selected, You will be presented with a receipt containing your tracking number to enable you to view the status of your Transaction on the Site. Please note: Printing of a Postage Label will not be available at either a Post Point outlet or a Parcel Locker.
- The Online Solutions are online services provided by An Post which enables you to access Postal Services to send an Item or to arrange for the return of a Return Item to the Return Address. The Services are directed to people or entities residing in Ireland.
- The Postal Services that may be requested and that may be chosen by you through the Send Solution or Return Solution will be provided pursuant to the General Terms. Prepayment for the Postal Services is required, in accordance with the provisions of the General Terms (Modes of Prepayment), in such manner as An Post may from time to time prescribe in these Terms.
- Some of the Postal Services may have specific requirements. Please note where it is required to send an Item by Registered Post (available under the Send Solution only); the Item for sending must be brought to a Post Office. Where You wish to send any Item by Registered Post, but the Item is not handed over at a Post Office counter, it cannot be treated as a registered post Item as it will not be possible to obtain the required proof of delivery and/or delivery for registered post service.
- AN POST MAY BE LIABLE TO MAKE A REIMBURSEMENT OF POSTAGE CHARGES OR PAY COMPENSATION. HOWEVER, WE ARE NOT LIABLE IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. PLEASE SEE CLAUSE 10. IN THE CASE OF CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE TERMS AND THE GENERAL TERMS IN RELATION TO A POSTAL SERVICE, THE GENERAL TERMS WILL TAKE PRECEDENCE.
- Please note that the Postal Services may be unavailable from time to time, as set out in the General Terms (SERVICE AVAILABILITY). We recommend that you access and review the Site regularly in order to check the availability of the Postal Services.
- Please note:
- You can only purchase Postage Labels for Postal Services that are supported by the An Post Send Solution or An Post Return Solution.
- You cannot purchase Postage Labels unless the computer from which you are using An Post Online Solution is connected to the internet.
- By using An Post Send Solution or Return Solution, you agree to the collection and use of your data by us in accordance with the terms laid out in our Privacy Statement https://www.anpost.com/privacy-notice . (Further information about how Personal Data is used is set out in An Post Group Privacy Statement at https://www.anpost.com/Privacy/An-Post-Group-Privacy-Statement and the An Post Data Protection mails Notice https://www.anpost.com/Privacy/Data-Protection-Privacy-Notice
- You are only permitted to use the Send Solution or Return Solution for your own personal use except where you are using An Post Online Solution in the course of a business, in which event you are only permitted to use Send Solution or Return Solution for the purposes of that business. Notwithstanding the above, in no circumstances will you be permitted to use any of the services purchased through the Send Solution or Return Solution in respect of third parties' mail.
- The Charge payable for the Return Solution Service may not apply to You depending on the arrangements in place between An Post and the Retailer.
- Where tracking is included in the Postal Service You have selected, You may view the status of sending or returning by logging onto https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/Search
- Registered Users
- The following additional provisions apply to Registered Users:
- If You choose, or You are provided with, a Registered User identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of using the Site as a Registered User, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any Registered User identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Registered User identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at 353 (1) 705 7600 or anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us
- You may print off a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site in respect of the Services for your own use or within your organisation. However, You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any accompanying text other than strictly in accordance with these Terms.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Site or the Postage Labels for commercial purposes other than for your own use. Whether a consumer or a business, may not sell Postage Labels to any third party, or otherwise assign, transfer or sub contract any of Your rights under these Terms.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your Registered User identification are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and that they comply with them.
- Uploading Content to our Site as a Registered User - Whenever you make use of a feature of the Service(s) that allows you to upload content or data to our Site, any such content or data uploaded to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and You authorise An Post to use, store and copy that content for the purposes of providing the Service(s).
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain or grant unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. If necessary. we will report any breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- How An Post may use personal data uploaded by Registered Users - We will use any personal data provided to us by a Registered User subject to Clause 4 to:
- provide the Service and the Postal Services;
- process your payment for the Transaction(s); and
- inform you about similar services that An Post provides, but you may stop receiving these at any time by changing Your marketing preferences at any time on your Profile page when logged into Your account.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR DATA
- By using An Post Send Solution or Return Solution, you agree to the collection and use of your personal data, or the personal data of others that you have provided, by us in accordance with these Terms and the provisions laid out in our Privacy Statement at https://www.anpost.com/privacy-notice and the An Post Customs and Security Privacy Statement at https://www.anpost.com/Privacy/Website-Privacy-Policy. An Post will use any personal data provided to us to (a) provide the Service and the Postal Services, including where applicable for customs and security purposes or to return an Item to sender; (b) to process your payment for the Transactions and (c) inform you about similar services that An Post provides, but you may stop receiving these at any time by managing your options through your My Account homepage.
- You consent to us using the personal data provided to us and retaining your Transaction history to enable us provide the Services and the Postage Label; to enable customs and security clearance, to enable You to track Your Item, or for it to be returned to you, if applicable. Personal Data shall not be retained longer than reasonably necessary by An Post.
5. PURCHASE OF POSTAGE LABELS
- When you are using the Send Solution or the Return Solution to purchase Postage Label(s), provided that you agree unconditionally to these Terms, you will be asked to tick the box in order to confirm your agreement.
- You will be given the opportunity to submit an order for a Postage Label or Labels by clicking on the relevant payment button at the end of your journey on the Site. At time of authorisation of payment, the purchase of the ordered Postage Label is deemed to be complete and a legally binding agreement will have been formed between us and You. We will send you a confirmation by email that Your payment has been authorised.
- Where any payment you make for any Postage Label(s) is not authorised you will be returned to the previous page on the An Post Online Solution Website and We will not be obliged to provide any of the services you were seeking to order via the Site.
6. PAYMENT OF CHARGES
- The Charge will be our stated prices for the Postal Service(s) in force at the time when the order for the Postage Label is accepted as set out on the Site (Post and Parcels) and/or in the Schedule of Charges .
- Charges may change from time to time. We recommended that you access the An Post Site regularly in order to review the most up to date Charges before purchase.
- To make a payment, You must follow the instructions on the Site and make the payment using a valid debit card or credit card. Payment for an order should be made immediately, in full, at the time you place your order with us on the Site and otherwise, in accordance with and subject to the General Terms.
- If You are a Registered User, and subject to Clause 10 below, You may complete prepayment for all Transactions at the time You complete any order.
7. POSTAGE LABELS
- Postage Label(s) may only be used once.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the correct value Postage Label is used. No credit or refund will be made if a Postage Label of greater value than that required is purchased.
- You must only print or attach a Postage Label on or to an Item so that the Postage Mark is placed in the top right hand corner on the front of the Item, unless specified otherwise. If you print or attach a Postage Label anywhere else on the Item, the Item may not be delivered or its delivery may be delayed.
- Postage Label(s) may not be sold by you for use by anyone else.
- Your purchases of Postage Label(s) will not entitle you to discounts on any goods or services supplied by us.
- Postage Labels must otherwise be used in connection with Items and Return Items in compliance with the General Terms, in particular in respect of Modes of Prepayment, Packing and Position of Stamp, Return Address and Endorsements.
8. CANCELLATION OF A POSTAGE LABEL
- If you are a consumer, You have a right to cancel within the Cancellation Period without giving us any reason for doing so.
- However, you will not have any right to cancel your purchase of a Postage Label if you have already used it and the Item has been accepted for transmission by post or if we have refused the relevant Item for posting as set out in Clause 11 below (“Discretion to refuse Items”).
- You may cancel your purchase of a Postage Label by giving notice to An Post Customer Service during the Cancellation Period. You can give us notice by using the Cancellation Form set out at Appendix 1 or sending your request in writing by post to us at An Post Customer Service.
- Transactions made where a Return Item has not been collected from a Collection Address or an Item has not been accepted for transmission by post may be cancelled by You by notifying us of the cancellation at any time within 14 days of the making of the Transaction.
- Charges paid in relation to a Transaction which is cancelled by You shall be refunded in full so long as the cancellation is made within 14 days of the making of the Transaction and the cancellation is made prior to an Item / Return Item being collected from a Collection Address or prior to an Item being accepted into the postal system at a Post Office counter, Parcel Locker or a selected Post Point outlet.
- By using the Service, You acknowledge that it is not possible to cancel a Transaction (and that Charges paid are forfeited) once an Item has been collected from a Collection Address or once an Item has been accepted for transmission by post at a Post Office counter, Parcel Locker or a selected Post Point outlet.
- When contacting us in relation to a cancellation, please make sure that you give us sufficient details to be able to identify your purchase including: customer name; email address; or the last 4 digits on the credit/debit card used for payment; order number; value of purchase; date of purchase; and any barcode or postage indicia.
9. YOUR SYSTEM
- For the avoidance of doubt, We are not responsible for the functionality or performance of the hardware you use to use An Post Send Solution or Return Solution and will not supply, maintain or support such hardware. In particular, We are not responsible for the quality of reproduction of a Postage Label, address or logo on an Item to the extent that the quality is affected by your hardware.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
10. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- In relation to a Postal Service, in the event of any conflict in relation our liability between these Terms and the General Terms, the General Terms will apply. A reimbursement of Postage Charges may be payable for failure to meet the service requirements. Compensation may be payable for loss or damage in certain circumstances and if caused by us. Evidence will be required. Provisions of postal legislation will apply. Please review the General Teams.
- An Post will do what it reasonably can to make the Service available to You as set out in these Conditions.
- If An Post fails to comply with the terms of this Agreement, we are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Evidence of loss or damage will be required.
- However, An Post are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was anticipated by you and An Post at the time we entered into this Agreement.
- An Post are not responsible for any loss or damage for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under these Terms where that such failure or delay is caused or contributed to by You (for example if you have provided us with wrong or insufficient information; or have not adhered to the security requirements); or by an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (for example, a delay or failure in the transmission of a message or communication through a mobile network or failure of a telecommunications network, labour dispute, or an act of a government or regulator); or where avoidable, for example something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action (for example, by not including Prohibited Items in the contents or addressing an Item in the manner required to enable scanning of delivery (see Clause 11); and if You are business, if it relates to Your use of a service or a product for the purposes of Your trade, business, or profession, for example, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
11. DISCRETION TO REFUSE ITEMS FOR POSTING
- We may not be able to complete a posting in the following circumstances:
- any information You have provided relating to an Item / Return Item is incorrect;
- You have cancelled the order of the Postage Label(s) on the Item(s) / Return Item(s);
- the Postage Label on the Item / Return Item is a duplicate of a Postage Label that has already been used on another Item / Return Item;
- the Postage Label on the Item / Return Item is obscured, defaced, incomplete or otherwise unscannable, unreadable or invalid;
- the Postage Label is not positioned so that the postage mark is placed in the top right hand corner on the front of the Item / Return Item, unless specified otherwise;
- where applicable, We collect a Return Item or You hand an Item / Return Item to an authorised Drop Off Point for postage and You do not present the requisite information as indicated to You during your order journey on the Online Solution;
- The Item or Return item contains Prohibited Items; or
- We are unable to gain access to collect Your Return Item.
- Please note that provisions of the General Terms in respect of Customs and Security shall apply to Items where relevant.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Subject to and in accordance with these Terms and the Site terms, we hereby grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable, limited right to access and use the Service solely for the purpose of making Transactions using the Send Solution or Return Solution, paying the Charges, and for such other purposes for which we make the Service available from time to time. You shall use the Service at all times in accordance with the instructions and directions set out on the Site from time to time.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, database rights and other intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, in or otherwise applicable to the Service, and all Content that we make available through the Service. The Service and the Content are protected by copyright, database, trade mark and related intellectual property rights, laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are expressly reserved by us and our licensors.
- Except as expressly provided in these Terms, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring on you or any third party any licence or right, to use or otherwise exploit the intellectual property rights in the Service or any of the Content without our express prior written consent.
- All rights in the Service that are not expressly granted in these Terms are hereby expressly reserved to and by us and our licensors.
13. AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND THE POSTAL SERVICES
- Any Postal Service may be subject to interruption, disruption or limitation as set out in the General Terms (Service Availability).
- We will do what we reasonably can to make Click & Post and the Online Solutions available to You without interruption or delay. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of Click & Post, including the Online Solutions, for business, technical or operational, legal, regulatory or technical security reasons or events outside of our control. This may include periods when we are upgrading the service to improve performance, enhance functionality or address security issues. We will try to give You reasonable notice when we plan on doing this, and do as much as we reasonably can to keep any disruption to a minimum.
- Some interruptions and delays, for example, interruptions or delays caused by transmission or computer system virus or corruption, cyber risk, system or communications failure, may be outside out control. We will do what we reasonably can to resolve any issues within our control.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by hacking, a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect, damage or affect the use of your computer or similar device, equipment, programs, data or other material due to your use of the Online Solutions or otherwise relating to your accessing or downloading of the Site and of any Content.
- We do as much as we can to design and test our service to work on the latest versions of web browsers and IOS and Android. However, it may not work on all devices, device models and systems. This means that if You have an older device or system, or one which is no longer supported by the manufacturer, You may experience difficulties using Click & Post and may not be able to use all of its functions.
- You are responsible, at your own cost, for procuring your own equipment, Internet access and making all other arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site and the Online Solutions.
14. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- You may at any time terminate your use of the Online Solutions by ceasing Your access to and use of the Site.
- We may at any time terminate your access to and permitted use of the Online Solutions by notice on the Site where we are required to do so for legal or regulatory or technical reasons, for example, where there is a security concern and Your access to and permitted use of the Online Solutions will cease on the date specified in the notice.
- Notwithstanding clause 14.2, we may also suspend or terminate your access to and permitted use of the Service immediately if:
- you are in breach of these Terms;
- we are required to do so by any governmental, judicial or regulatory authority; or
- we determine that the provision of the Service in accordance with these Terms is or may be contrary to applicable law.
- The termination of your use of the Service will be without prejudice to the rights and remedies of either party which may have accrued up to the date of termination, all of which are expressly intended to survive.
- Upon the termination of your use of the Service for any reason whatsoever, any rights or licences granted to you under or pursuant to these Terms will cease to have effect. Any provision which expressly or by implication, is intended to come into or remain in force on or after termination of your use of the Service will continue in full force and effect.
15. FORCE MAJEURE
- We will not be in breach of these Terms or liable for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations under these Terms (and the date for performance of the obligations affected will be extended accordingly) as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- If a Force Majeure Event continues for longer than 15 days we may immediately terminate your right to access the Service by giving you written notice in accordance with clause 15.2.
- In this clause 15, “Force Majeure Event” means any event outside our reasonable control affecting our ability to perform any of our obligations under these Terms, including act of God, fire, flood, lightning, act of terrorism, riot or civil commotion, strikes, lock-outs and industrial action, inability to access an address for a Collection, failure of supplies of power, fuel, transport, equipment, raw materials or other goods or services.
16. DOCUMENTS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE
17. SEVERANCE AND WAIVER
- If any provision, covenant or obligation contained in these Terms is void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms had the invalid provision eliminated. An Post shall not be deemed to have waived the application of any term or condition in these Terms unless such waiver is expressed in writing and signed by an authorised officer of An Post.
18. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
- The Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or difference between you and us (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising from, or related to, use of the Service, any Content or other material published or uploaded to the Service, or otherwise arising from or relating to the Site, the Service or these Terms.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any complaints of disputes in relation to a relevant Postal Service will be dealt with in accordance with the General Terms (Complaints) and the procedure set out in those General Terms. Any complaints of disputes in relation to a relevant Express Service will be dealt with in accordance with the Express Terms and the procedure set out here.
- We are legally required to notify you of the existence of the EU online dispute resolution platform which you can read about at ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. However, An Post is not required to agree to use alternative dispute resolution procedures in the event of a dispute between us.
- Any notices under these Terms that you send to us must be in writing. You can contact An Post via the link to the web site https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support.
- Where required to do so, notices We send to You under these Terms will be sent to the email You have provided on the Site. Such notices will be deemed to be received by you when our email computer program indicates that the email has been sent to you.
Access to My deliveries and the use of information contained on it and the use of the Delivery Backup Option is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Since they are for the protection of both you (herein referred to as “You” or, “Your”) and An Post (herein referred to as “An Post”, “we”, “us” or “our”), please take the time to read them carefully. By using My deliveries You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. My deliveries is owned and operated by An Post. Please note that separate terms and conditions may apply to specific Services provided via An Post Group websites.
- “Alternative Delivery Location” means a Neighbour or Safe Place.
- “Customs Charges Payment” means An Post’s customs charges payment and handling service for inbound Postal Items where You can view, pay or decline any customs charges which are outstanding on inbound postal items. For more information, please see Customs Charges Payment.
- “Delivery Manager” the online web portal which captures customers’ instructions on behalf of a retailer for a change to the delivery of Your Postal Item by selecting any of the following; deliver Your Postal Item on an Alternative Date, or deliver Your Postal Item to a Neighbour’s address, Post Office, PostPoint, Parcel Locker or Safe Place. Availability of Delivery Manager to You is dependent on the retailer providing this service and their terms and conditions will apply.
- “Neighbour” means the name and address of a person living in close proximity to the original delivery address that You selected as an Alternative Delivery Location for delivery of Your Postal Item.
- “Original Service” means the postal service by which any Postal Item was originally sent by the Sender and includes, Standard Post, Express Post and Express Post with Signature.
- “Postal Item” means a Letter, Large Letter, Packet or Parcel as defined in the An Post SINGLE PIECE MAIL TERMS AND CONDITIONS which can be found here: https://www.anpost.com/Terms-Conditions
- “Safe place” means a location in proximity to the original delivery address where Your Postal Item can be left securely, hidden from view of passers-by and protected from the weather and animals.
- “Track & Trace” means information used to track delivery progress and confirmation of delivery of a Postal Item which You have sent using a delivery service that has Track & Trace as part of that service. For more information, please see Track and Trace.
- “Sender” means the person or legal entity who has purchased the Original Service.
My deliveries is an online platform accessible through An Post.com and the An Post App which is used by You and displays information for the following services;
Delivery Manager, Track & Trace and Customs Charges Payment (the “Services
”) and provides hyperlinks to take you to the Service webpage. My deliveries also provides the Delivery Back-Up Option which is available on the My deliveries webpage.
The Delivery Backup Option allows you to give instruction for a change to the delivery of your Postal Item by selecting an Alternative Delivery Location. If a Postal Item cannot be delivered as per the original delivery instruction, then We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Postal Item will be delivered to the Alternative Delivery Location instead (the “Delivery Backup Option
”). Please see the terms and conditions below.
My deliveries contains hypertext links to the Services. You are reminded that when You use these Services, You will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy statements of those Services.
Where you provide information via My deliveries, we will use and store it in accordance with these terms and conditions our Group Data Privacy Statement
and our Website Privacy Statement.
- Delivery Backup Option
- The Delivery Backup Option is only available in respect of Postal Items to which You are entitled as addressee.
- You must ensure that you provide Us with correct and sufficient information to allow us provide the Delivery Backup Option.
- Liability for Delivery Backup Option: We will do what we reasonably can to make the Delivery Backup Option available to you as set out in these terms and conditions. However, we will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that such failure or delay is caused or contributed by you or by an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (for example, the nomination of a Safe Place which is not sufficiently secure or protective, provision of an erroneous address, a delay or failure in the transmission of a message or communication through a mobile network or failure of a telecommunications network, labour dispute, or an act of a government or regulator). Our liability for any direct loss or damage arising from the Delivery Backup Option will be the same as the Original Service. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Original Service was not covered by insurance, the delivery will remain uninsured. This term does not apply if We have acted fraudulently, with gross negligence or We are in deliberate breach of Our obligations, or law or regulation does not permit Us to limit or exclude Our liability to You. Liability for the use of My deliveries more generally is provided for at term 4 below.
- The Delivery Backup Option is not a guaranteed or time certain delivery service. We will make reasonable efforts to provide You with advance notice of delivery of Your Postal Item where the Original Delivery allows for advance notice. Any references to expected delivery times are estimates only.
- While Postal Items may continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of the Original Service and the postal user may have entitlements to service features such as insurance cover, item tracking and/or proof of delivery, these features may not be provided to You when using the Delivery Backup Option depending on the Alternative Delivery Location.
- The Delivery Backup Option does not include any provision for, or any entitlements to, insurance cover or compensation for any service failure that may arise and the limit of An Post’s liability to the postal user is the original postal service insurance if applicable.
- Postal Items with customs charges due can avail of the Delivery Backup Option but customs charges must be paid before being delivered. Where applicable, Customs charges can be paid online at anpost.com/paycustoms or any Post Office nationwide.
- The retention periods for Postal Items that could not be delivered because of insufficient instruction for an Alternative Delivery Location or a Safe Place not being suitable, depending on the Postal Item are:
- International postal Item (any item originating outside the Republic of Ireland) may be held for 16 working days before being returned to the Sender, day 1 being the day after the date of delivery of the “Sorry we missed you” form.
- All other postal items may be held for 5 working days before being returned to the Sender, day 1 being the day after the date of delivery of the “Sorry we missed you” form
- Postal Items can be delivered to an Alternative Delivery Location within the Republic of Ireland only
- The Delivery Backup Option will only be applied once in respect of each Postal Item You wish to have delivered. If a Postal Item cannot be delivered at the Alternative Delivery Location it will, where possible, be returned to the Sender after the time periods specified above. It will be possible to arrange for collection of a Postal Item if it cannot be delivered at the Alternative Delivery Location during the period of retention set out at term 7 above.
- A Neighbour’s address must be inputted manually and include the Eircode. We accept no liability for invalid, inaccurate or incomplete addresses.
- Data Protection: We are careful to treat the privacy of Our customers with care and with due regard to the laws of Ireland, including Data Protection legislation. The details supplied by You, including your personal data and the Personal Data of third parties will be used and retained by Us solely for the purposes of providing the Delivery Backup Option. For more details, please see An Post’s Data Protection policy including our Privacy Statement and Web Policy which are available on the An Post website at www.anpost.ie . If You apply for the Delivery Backup Option and specify an Alternative Delivery Location and You also nominate another person whose name and/or address is to be included on the new address label You warrant that You have received their prior consent to accept delivery of Your Postal Item for each occasion that you redirect to a Neighbour and You warrant that You have the necessary permissions and consents in accordance with the principles of Data Protection Law to have obtained their name and address details and have it recorded, retained and used by An Post for delivery purposes, and An Post will retain their personal data, along with Your own, for the purpose of providing the Service.
- Changes to these terms and conditions and Information
- We may make changes:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat; and
- to update digital content, provided that the digital content will match the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it. We may ask you to install updates.
- The information contained in relation to the Services on My deliveries is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on My deliveries is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such.
- We will do what we reasonably can to make My deliveries available to you as set out in these terms and conditions. However, we will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that such failure or delay is caused or contributed to by you or by an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (for example, a delay or failure in the transmission of a message or communication through a mobile network or failure of a telecommunications network, labour dispute, or an act of a government or regulator).
- If We fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is caused by and which is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence. Evidence of loss or damage will be required.
- WE DO NOT COMPENSATE FOR ALL LOSSES THAT MAY ARISE. We are not responsible for losses you suffer if the loss is:
- not foreseeable: Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was anticipated by You and us at the time we entered into the agreement for the service / product;
- not as a result of our breach of, or, your failure to comply with these terms and conditions;
- Caused by a delay or an event outside our control;
- Avoidable: Something You could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, by following advice to apply a free update or by correctly following the installation instructions or having the minimum system requirements advised by Us; or
- A business loss. if it relates to Your use of a service or a product for the purposes of your trade, business, or profession, for example, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- Modifications (or Interruptions): The specifications of a product or service may be modified or the supply interrupted to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product or service which are reasonably necessary either for technical, legal or regulatory reasons or because of events outside of our control.
- You will ensure that your use of My deliveries complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable or defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortious interference.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information in accordance with our Website Privacy Statement .
- You agree not to input or publish any offensive, defamatory or unlawful material that could encourage or constitute a criminal offence, civil liability or violation of any law.
- An Post reserves the right to remove any information inputted by you to My deliveries at its absolute discretion.
- Copyright in on this webpage and the information set out on it belongs to Us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact.
- Save as otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in My deliveries are copyright of An Post or its licensors.
- Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence solely for the purpose of using My deliveries and any services available on this Webpage/App. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this Website for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing. You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
- Save whether otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained in My deliveries has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
- This licence does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hardcopy or electronic or any other form. In particular, (but without limitation) no part of My deliveries may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. No part of this website may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval.
- Loss suffered by An Post
- You may be liable for loss accruing to An Post due to Your non-compliance of these terms and conditions.
- Laws of Ireland
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland. When You use My deliveries, You accept that your use of My deliveries and any information on My deliveries will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of My deliveries or any information on it, You agree that the Irish Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes. If a court decides that We cannot rely on any of these terms and conditions, for any reason, that provision will not apply to the extent decided by the court. The rest of these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
End of Terms