Run your own post office
Are you interested in operating your own post office? Do you have proven retail and business development skills? Can you provide or access suitable premises? If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, running a post office might be the right move for you.
We have the largest retail network in Ireland with more than a thousand outlets serving communities nationwide. We own and staff the 45 largest post offices but 997 outlets are run for us by our retail partners.
Operating a local post office represents a unique commercial opportunity if you have the right skills and drive, allowing you to play an essential role at the heart of the community.
Whether you have an established retail outlet or you’re a startup, adding a post office to your business will allow you to:
- Increase footfall as you benefit from the 1.7 million post office visits made weekly
- Link with one of the biggest and most trusted brands in the country
- Generate new income from our broad range of postal, financial and retail services with commission on every transaction
- Attract a broad customer base with services ranging from bill payment to investment products
Learn about our vision for post office services (PDF, 60KB) in Ireland and our plans to create a sustainable and viable network to meet the needs of our customers, and yours.
We also support our retail partners with:
- Competitive setup costs
- Marketing including signage
- Professional business systems and software
- Training and development
- On-going specialised business support
Find out more about how to become a retail partner and current network opportunities.