Statutory & Financial Accounts Executive
About the Role:
Reporting to the Statutory and Financial Accounts Manager, the Statutory and Financial Accounts Executive will complement the activities of the Statutory and Financial Accounts Manager and the Group Financial Accountant in ensuring the accuracy of the An Post Company accounts.
We achieve this through the preparation of subsidiary company accounts and the accurate posting of transactions to the An Post General Ledger and the reconciliations of related Balance Sheet accounts.
Key responsibilities/accountabilities include:
- Producing monthly accounts for subsidiary companies as the need arises and work with external auditors to ensure the timely completion of the annual audit and the Annual Reports of these companies.
- Preparing and finalising the monthly PAYE, PRSI, USC and LPT deduction returns for An Post and submit via ROS.
- Preparation and posting of monthly income journals to the An Post General Ledger using Cash Account data.
- Preparing and posting monthly journals to the An Post General Ledger of receipt and payments to/from the An Post No.1 Bank Account.
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts as required, with emphasis on Cash, Debtors and Trust Fund Liabilities.
- Managing the operation of the PCI payroll by acquiring sign-off from the Group Chief Information Officer prior to arranging the processing of the monthly payroll by an external service provider.
- Calculating PCI employee and employer contributions to the An Post Subsidiary Pension Scheme and transfer related payments to the fund administrator, while ensuring that the funding of the PCI bank account is sufficient to meet the liabilities of the company.
- Completing and submitting the Statutory obligations for subsidiary companies, including VAT, PSWT and CSO monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly and annual returns e.g. VAT3, VAT RTD, F30, F35, EHCS Survey.
- Preparation of and accounting for invoices using Cash Account data and the IFS.
The successful candidate will hold a recognised accounting qualification. This candidate will have financial accounting experience gained in either a professional office or industry setting, and a high proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
Ideally, this person will have a clear understanding of some or all of the following:
- PAYE returns
- VAT returns
- JD Edwards One World system (IFS) or equivalent ERPs
- Essbase multi-dimensional databases or equivalent data analysis tools
- CSO returns
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving & Analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Market leading Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
How To Apply?
We encourage all interested candidates who meet the above criteria to submit a detailed CV to Recruitment@anpost.ie by 5.00pm on 25th November 2020.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in our employee selection process, please simply let us know. We encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post has optimally restructured into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. An Post offers financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world. Read more about our initiatives here!