PMO Manager, GTS
About the Role
An Post is undergoing a major technology transformation. As we transition to a new digital age, we continue to provide the backbone of eCommerce in Ireland, delivering Government services and enhancing our range of financial services and retail operations. Our Group Technology Service (GTS) team is critical to building the technology and data capability that underpins our core services. This is a dynamic, diverse and rapidly evolving IT environment and as such, we need a highly skilled individual to support the successful coordination and implementation of project demands.
Reporting to the (Director of IT Services), and partnering closely with other members of the senior team in An Post GTS, this newly formed position will be responsible for the delivery of a range of PMO services, governance and supports to ensure effective project management and implementation of the IT change program. You will establish and manage a Project Management Office, with the goal of ensuring key deliverables are achieved and are aligned with business needs.
In establishing the PMO Service, you will collaborate with key stakeholders within GTS and with the wider business, providing guidance on project management best practices to drive efficiencies as well as consistent delivery of processes and tooling.
The PMO Manager will play a significant role in the recruitment and development of the team, working closely with the GTS senior management team.
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking process across GTS.
- Collate and report the portfolio/programme status for senior management.
- Support and enhance governance standards and methodologies underpinned using best in class PM tools for GTS.
- Provide advice and recommendations to senior management.
- Drive efficiencies through the adoption of effective processes and tooling.
- Monitor and review PMO performance.
- Support the Project Managers in ensuring that all project documentation (risk registers, schedules, issue logs etc.) are completed and up to date.
- Monitor and enforce all agreed project management standards and templates.
- Develop competence of project personnel including training and mentoring.
- Act as an escalation point within the PMO process to quickly deal with escalations and understand and resolve queries within a timely manner.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within the team and establish a schedule of training and development as required.
- Work as a PMO Leadership advocate to develop relationships across the business e.g. Sales, Finance, Demand Management and Business Operations within the Delivery Centres.
Knowledge & Experience
You will hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or have equivalent work experience. Ideally you will have over 10 years’ experience working in IT project management, at least 5 years of which will include experience in a combination of the following; progressive broad-based information systems Project Management (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures. You have set up and/or managed a dynamic PMO function and have worked across a range of sectors with previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment. A Project Management certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification is preferred.
You have experience in Programme Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
You are an experienced Line Manager with a broad understanding of a range of consulting frameworks (e.g. 6 Sigma, Lean, Agile, Waterfall, BPO, etc.) and you have excellent Project, Programme & Portfolio Management as well as Consultant capabilities. You deliver on time and you have excellent presentation and public speaking skills with proven ability to motivate and drive stakeholders.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving & Analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Thursday, 12th August 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress here today!