Head of Transformation
Reporting to the Chief Transformation Officer, the role of the Head of Transformation will be multifaceted and will cover aspects of transformation, business improvement and programme delivery to enable realisation of benefits in line with company strategy. You will drive the development and execution of the transformation agenda, working with a multitude of stakeholders across the business to pinpoint opportunities for business improvement and developing a transformation roadmap that delivers positive outcomes using Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Build, coordinate and lead the Transformation Team.
- Design and create a clear transformation management process ensuring potential benefits are identified, progress driven and benefits realised.
- Work proactively to develop, lead and manage business critical and challenging strategic transformation programmes across the organisation, including the development and implementation of Target Operating Models.
- Drive continuous improvement activities across the organisation, simplifying processes using optimisation, digitisation and automation tools as appropriate.
- Partner with key stakeholders and colleagues to understand their needs, identifying processes and practices to be improved and recommending methods to embed new ways of working within teams.
- Build a culture of high-performing teams by establishing an environment for accountability, providing feedback, coaching and best practices that support high performance and engagement.
- Design, create and develop an organisation wide network of transformation agents, building capability and embedding Lean/Agile tools, processes and mind-sets across the organisation.
- Secure and maintain full engagement of key partners at all stages of the transformation process.
- Produce regular reporting and quality ad-hoc Management Information.
- Facilitate and run workshops.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a third level degree in a business, engineering or related field, with a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in a similar role. Your experience will also include at least 3 years in a management consultancy role in the areas of strategic consulting, process optimisation, change management or organisational effectiveness.
Formal qualifications in Lean (Black Belt Level) and/or Agile are welcomed, but not mandatory, with appropriate levels of practical experience within a Lean/Agile non-technology environment and in designing, executing and coaching Lean projects.
You have demonstrable success in both programme management as well as establishing and implementing organisation-wide business transformation projects. You possess outstanding stakeholder management skills and have experience operating credibly with senior stakeholders, building strong working relationships with a wide range of partners within and beyond the organisation.
Your leadership skills ensure you have the ability to create and present a compelling vision and set clear direction, motivating, inspiring and empowering colleagues to work towards a common set of goals while also possessing the ability to challenge and influence established beliefs and behaviours to deliver transformation projects.
You can work independently, think strategically and have a proven diagnostic ability. You have the ability to operate and move between strategic and operational level thinking and have a sound understanding of An Post’s strategic direction.
The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5.00pm on Thursday 19th November 2020
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as an enduring, profitable business in the digital world.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives