HR Information Systems Manager
Reporting to the Head of HR Services, the HRIS Manager will have a pivotal role linking the HR, Finance, GTS and line management functions in An Post to achieve optimal operation of the Company’s HR, Payroll and Time and Attendance systems and integration with related systems. In this role you will also enable the optimisation of HR and Payroll work processes and provide enhanced management reporting capabilities. You will liaise with management at all levels in the above functions, and represent HR at meetings in relation to HRIS issues. You will provide on-going advice and guidance on HRIS related matters to management and colleagues in HR, Payroll, Pensions and Finance areas.
With the introduction of a new HRMS, commencing during 2021, which will include Personnel, Payroll, and Time and Attendance, you will be responsible for keeping the current systems and processes functioning while we transition to the new platform. You will also play a key role in the move to the new system and will ultimately be the HR owner/subject matter expert of the new HRMS. In this position you will ensure accurate, best practice business process/workflows, data integrity and superior end user experience. This position will also be responsible for reporting on HR SLA’s, KPI’s and will be accountable for the development and distribution of critical reports/dashboards to HR and the Company.
- Manage the daily operations of our HR Information Systems while also playing a lead role in the HRMS Project from a data, process, reporting and system perspective. Work with the HR teams, GTS and our Partners to facilitate a seamless move to our new HRM system.
- Ensure system and data compliance with GDPR and other data protection regulations at all times.
- Drive regular reviews and collaborate with GTS and the HR Teams to perform needed system tests and upgrades to our HRM Systems. Support User Acceptance Testing.
- Be responsible for HR reporting and maintaining data integrity in our HRM systems. Generation of a weekly suite of HR housekeeping reports. Receive, interpret and deliver all report requests from internal customers.
- Develop and deliver dashboards for reporting key metrics and other management information.
- Facilitate and run workshops as necessary.
- Contribute as required to prepare/take part in union engagement.
- Provide leadership to team members through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Encourage regular dialogue within the team and provide guidance/advice to facilitate solutions to work requests.
- Act as a role model for your team and the wider HR family, demonstrating quality customer service standards in HR at all times.
- Prepare HR business requirements, documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ processes and delivering process flows.
- Serve as the primary HR contact with our HRMS providers on day to day issues.
- Work with the Head of HR Services on defining, implementing, measuring and reporting on KPIs and with the business on defining and implementing SLAs and with internal customers.
- Facilitate improvement activity and embed a continuous improvement ethos in the HR teams.
- Develop project plans and monitor progress of HRIS initiatives.
- Ensure that you are up to date on trends in HRIS.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a relevant third level degree with a minimum five years recent, relevant experience in a similar role. Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of end-to end HRIS software and proven success establishing and implementing business change projects is essential. You are adept at collaborating and in understanding and translating the priorities of the business and integrating the HR value proposition and strategies to meet business needs, demonstrating dedication to truly understanding customer needs and exceeding their expectations.
You are confident in your ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels. You take initiative and self-manage, with a ‘can do’ attitude, managing tight deadlines and excel under pressure. As an innovator you ensure you are up to date with cutting edge trends in HRIS. Maintaining strict confidentiality of data and information is critical in this role.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Change Management
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Project Management
- Strategic Focus
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Thursday 18th March, 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!