Governance & Secretarial Support Manager
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer the role of Governance & Secretarial Support Manager sits within the Company Secretarial office. In this role you will be responsible for providing a variety of governance services to the Company, with significant involvement in ensuring compliance with state and company law, regulatory obligations and related internal company policies. You will influence the implementation of new processes in the provision of best-practice company secretarial support, supporting the Chief Administration Officer in all aspects of their role of Company Secretary.
The responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate company statutory records, registers, minutes, and ensuring shareholder queries are promptly dealt with.
- Acting as a channel of communication on all matters of company law and corporate governance; working collaboratively with in-house counsel.
- Coordinating, scheduling and attending Board, Committee and Shareholder meetings, drafting agendas, minutes and resolutions; preparation and compilation of board packs using Diligent system.
- Administering a portfolio of subsidiary companies, which include corporate records and filings etc.
- Working collaboratively with Business Units to support the preparation and delivery of timely board and committee papers.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company Constitution and ensuring safe keeping and proper use of all Company Seals.
- Assisting the auditor with the annual audit.
- Assisting with Company Secretary Office re-organisation and the implementation of new Ways of Working, including a focus on digitisation of all documentation and records.
- Liaising with the Registrar of Companies in connection with routine corporate administrative/regulatory matters, maintaining register of beneficial ownerships to include all associated filings.
- Fulfilling the role of An Post “Customer Advocate” as provided for under Postal Services legislation, providing an independent view of and response to customer appeals.
- Dealing with correspondence to Company Secretary’s office including collating information and drafting replies.
- Supporting internal projects and initiatives.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have third level qualification in a related field (i.e. company law, corporate governance) and a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in a company secretarial or related role. A corporate secretarial qualification (or working towards) from the ICSA is highly preferable. Strong knowledge of public sector governance standards and procedures will be an advantage. You have proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and translate complex material into meaningful information. You take initiative and self-manage, work to tight deadlines and excel under pressure.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Planning & Organising
- Organisational & Political Awareness
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Friday, 23rd April 2021.
Please note that this position is open to those looking to work either a full-time or part-time working week.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!