Finance Manager - Mails & Parcels Revenue
Reporting to the Finance Director of An Post Commerce, the Finance Manager – Mails & Parcels Revenue, leads the M&P Finance Revenue Team. This team is responsible for measuring and promoting financial and quality performance by assuring the integrity of financial results and the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with all statutory obligations.
The Finance Manager – Mails & Parcels Revenue, coordinates the outputs of the Mails & Parcels Revenue Finance Managers and will have a strong emphasis on optimising revenue, strong credit control, staff development, systems improvement & involvement in strategic projects. In addition, the Finance Manager will provide a value added service to the Finance Director – Mails & Parcels, and wider Mails & Parcels Management Team.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing Mails & Parcels Revenue, in conjunction with Mails & Parcels Revenue Finance Managers, to ensure complete, timely and accurate reporting of all Revenue streams to be included in the An Post management accounts.
- Management of the Mails & Parcels Revenue Finance Managers & wider Revenue Finance team, to ensure prompt payment of all outstanding liabilities, with particular emphasis on control & reporting of debtor’s days and working with customers to ensure correct information flows and automation in place to support on-time payment.
- Coordinating the design and upgrading of Revenue systems with the assistance of Mails & Parcels Revenue Finance Managers and wider Finance Revenue Team.
- Participating in changes to organisation and systems to ensure easier transitions, including project management, testing and training, when required.
- Preparing Revenue budgets and forecasts, in conjunction with the Mails & Parcels Revenue Finance Managers and the Commercial Team, as the need arises.
- Assisting the M&P Commercial Management in relation to financial tasks; providing support, especially in relation to ad-hoc requests for information or advice on how to best generate information from the systems and attending regular meetings to circulate information and train in new processes/procedures.
- Managing the M&P Finance Revenue Finance Managers, providing mentoring and support in their roles and with their wider teams, ensuring they all have clear accountabilities and receive appropriate development & training both internally and externally.
- Compiling and controlling returns from various sources within Mails & Parcels Revenue, producing consolidated data/results and escalating issues or variances as necessary.
- Addressing ad-hoc queries and participating in projects as Finance Lead or as Project Manager as required by the Finance Director – Mails & Parcels.
- Promoting awareness of control requirements at all times to effect Corporate Governance requirements and compliance within An Post.
- Advocating and actively demonstrating An Post core values and behaviours.
Knowledge & Experience
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and will have over 10 years work experience in Revenue Accounting & Credit control with a strong background in change management & system improvement.
The ability to make informed quality decisions as a result of monitoring, analysis, challenge and debate is key. You are a flexible problem solver and a strong communicator who can demonstrate the ability to simplify complex messages and influence key stakeholders. It is essential that you can lead a team, work within strict deadlines & demonstrate an ability to understand, energise and coach others.
You will have a detailed knowledge of An Post’s Revenue reporting systems, or have worked with equivalent Revenue Reporting / Financial systems.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Results Orientation
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Decision Making & Judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 08th September 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress here today!