Compliance Monitoring & Assurance Risk Officer- Retail
The Compliance Risk Officer is responsible for performing all Compliance monitoring, assurance and reporting requirements in relation to Retail Financial Services. The job role offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to contribute in a challenging role as An Post grows its presence in Retail Financial Services. The role has a direct reporting line to the Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Manager.
The responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of an annual risk-based Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Plan to manage Compliance Risks.
- Assisting with the performance of the Compliance Monitoring and Assurance reviews in line with the Compliance Monitoring & Assurance Plan.
- Supporting the completion of Fitness & Probity Processes.
- Supporting the provision of independent oversight and challenge of the identification, assessment and management of Risks and Associated Controls.
- Monitoring, tracking and validating the progress on rectification of regulatory breaches and other Risk Events identified.
- Assisting with the compilation of reports including relevant Management Information and Key Risk Indicators to Senior Management and the relevant governance fora.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in attendance at Compliance Risk workshops.
- Raising and reporting regulatory breaches to Compliance Monitoring & Reporting Manager as required.
- Demonstrate An Post Values and behaviours in your day to day work and addressing behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
You will have experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 4-5 years with a comprehensive understanding of Compliance requirements including; Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT); Consumer Protection Code and Fitness & Probity legislation and requirements. You should have relevant experience in a similar role within a Compliance Function, Risk Function or other Internal Audit Function, preferably in the financial services or insurance industries. Experience working in a Three Lines of Defence (3LOD) Risk Management model with a track record of delivering high quality compliance oversight across multiple products and entities is key. A strong understanding of current and emerging compliance risks and practical experience of managing an effective control environment and the ability to benchmark and analyse various compliance risks is required.
Preferably you will have a relevant qualification in business, accounting, finance or risk management, in addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven ability to work to challenging timelines;
- The ability to understand and explain process requirements and communicate this information clearly and concisely;
- Experience of enforcing compliance with strict guidelines;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Results orientation
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
on Wednesday 2nd February 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.