Bookshop of the Year Terms and Conditions
Name and email addresses are required to ensure that there is only one vote per email address.
Data will be securely transferred to Agile Ideas who are managing the voting process on behalf of the An Post Irish Book Awards. Any data received will be used by them solely for this purpose.
By submitting your vote you have been entered into a draw to win one €100 book voucher.
Bookshop of the Year Competition
” means An Post, GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
” means the An Post Bookshop of the Year Competition which will run on anpost.com/bookshopoftheyear.
” means – A €100 voucher to be used in the bookshop for which you voted. We will endeavour to supply a voucher for your chosen bookshop, if not, we will supply a national book token or one4all voucher.
By participating in this Competition, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- The Competition runs from 11th August 2021 to 31st August 2021.
- Entrants must be 18 years old on the date of entry.
- Entrants must ordinarily reside in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- To enter this Competition, entrants must visit anpost.com/bookshopoftheyear provide their own details, including name and email address and enter the name of their favourite bookshop.
- Participating bookshop owners and staff are not eligible to win this competition prize.
- The closing date for entries to the competition is Tuesday 31st August 2021 at 5pm. This time and date is final. Any entries received after this 5pm on this date will not be accepted.
- One entry is allowed per person.
- The winner of this Competition will be selected at random.
- An Post’s decision in relation to the random selection of the Competition winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this selection.
- There will be one winner of this Competition and there will be no alternative for the prize.
- Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted. Entries that are incomplete or illegible will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries together with the entrant’s details may be used in publicity campaigns (such as social media channels, websites and other points of sale or marketing materials) after the competition has finalised.
- The Competition winner may be required to take part in promotional activities and The Promoter reserves the right to publish the entry, name, photograph and value of prizes paid to the winner. No remuneration will be associated with this activity.
- By participating in the Competition entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The winner of the Competition will be announced no later than Friday 24th September 2021.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within 14 days of notification, An Post reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and select an alternative winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and the winner in relation to the competition and the Prizes to be awarded.
- An Post reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any applicant, to add to, amend or waive any rule without prior notice and, in the event of circumstances beyond its control, to cancel the Competition at any stage.
- Governing Law - This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
- Events may occur that render the Competition impossible to proceed for reasons beyond the control of An Post. Entrants agree that no liability shall attach to An Post as a result.
- It is proposed that judging for this competition will be completed within current Government guidelines around travel and distancing restrictions. In the case of any delays to the timings stated, An Post will post updates on social media with any new timelines.