Sustainability Manager, An Post Commerce
Hybrid Working Model – Based in Dublin
Reporting to the Sustainable Infrastructure and Facilities Manager, and supported by the Environmental Officer and Energy Officer, this role will be leading from the front and making meaningful change across An Post, in line with the commitments outlined in An Post’s annual Sustainability Report.
As Sustainability Manager you will be responsible for collaborating across teams and business units within An Post to develop and drive sustainability initiatives across our businesses and collating data to report on progress. Working closely with the Energy Manager you will ensure that the objectives of the ISO 50001 Energy Management system are met and monitor compliance. You will also identify energy saving opportunities and ensure infrastructure efficiencies and improvements are adopted.
- Lead the Sustainable Infrastructure Team in the delivery of our objectives as outlined in the 2030 sustainability roadmap.
- Assist in the development of sustainability strategy.
- Monitor emerging sustainability related and industry best practice, sharing guidance on all the latest trends from key industry bodies, institutions and networks to ensure we remain at the forefront of sustainability developments.
- Support the delivery of the annual Sustainability Report.
- Drive sustainability compliance and reporting, including the preparation of annual energy and carbon emissions submissions.
- Coordinate other external sustainability reporting required by An Post e.g. CDP, IPC SMMS, UN Global Compact, Business in the Community, SEAI etc.
- Support and manage project delivery to achieve goals relating to energy and sustainability related projects.
- Review initiatives aimed at reducing both the carbon footprint and kilowatt hours consumed.
- Drive the implementation of the biodiversity strategy.
- Apply knowledge to drive best practice and innovation to meet sustainable standards.
- Support sustainability governance and management information reporting.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum five year’s recent, relevant experience and a relevant third level degree or equivalent in sustainability or a related subject area. Direct experience in delivering sustainability solutions and of Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) and Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) is required. You will have the ability to write reports to suit varying audiences (technical and non-technical) and demonstrate an awareness of carbon reporting and accounting.
You will work collaboratively as part of a team to solve problems and also have the skills to lead and influence others. Having worked in a similar role, you should have experience of delivering innovation and continuous improvement. An understanding of sustainability frameworks and experience in embedding sustainability practices and implementing sustainability strategies is also required.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are crucial to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to submit a detailed CV by 5.00pm on 16th June 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Visit our website to read more about our strategy and our progress today!