Senior Procurement Specialists
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Procurement Specialist will manage varied categories of spend on goods and services, to achieve and exceed agreed procurement objectives. They will support the strategy for an efficient, best practice and commercially focused procurement team within public procurement parameters and guide the operational roll out of all procurement process throughout the organisation and to suppliers.
We are looking to fill one permanent position and one 24-month contract position within our Procurement team.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and maintain annual category plans with key partners and business owners
- Lead sourcing strategy development and execution for various categories of spend, with the goal of achieving significant negotiated savings and year over year cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels where appropriate.
- Responsible for end to end management of tender process – Tender Strategy, Invitation to Tender, Contract Management encompassing any clarification and negotiation of commercial matters with suppliers where appropriate.
- Provide procurement advice and guidance to internal partners. Serve as point of expert reference for team of procurement specialists.
- Supplier Relationship Management, undertaking performance meetings, contract reviews and variation management.
- Conduct market analysis and identify where efficiencies can be made.
- Ensure compliance with An Post Procurement Policy and Procedures, national guidelines and EU Public Procurement Directive.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have relevant and technical experience in the specialist area of Procurement a minimum of 3 years at Procurement Buyer level, or equivalent and hold or be working towards a professional procurement qualification.
Experience in public procurement including Irish and EU Utilities Directive and negotiated procedure and managing end to end tender process is key. Good PC skills especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint, practical ERP experience is essential, preferably JD Edwards.
You will be commercially aware, self-motivated, and capable of working on your own initiative. The ability to visualise, articulate, and solve both problems and concepts and make decisions that make sense based on all available information is key. A willingness to handle a varied and challenging workload, excellent data analysis skills and comfortable in being assessed on the basis of achievements and results.
Strong communication skills are key as you will need to influence at all levels and present information accurately and clearly.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Planning & Organising
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Quality & Customer Focused
- Results Orientation
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid work model
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 23 January 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us as email@example.com
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Visit our website to read more about our strategy and our progress today!