Quality Assurance Engineer
PCI Role – An Post Subsidiary
About Post Consult International (PCI)
PCI is a wholly owned subsidiary of An Post, providing specialist IT Strategy, Management and Development services across every aspect of An Post IT infrastructure. Alongside An Post IT staff, they collectively form the internal IT function known as Group Technology Services (GTS).
Reporting to the QA Manager, the role of “QA Engineer (Projects)” is focussed on ensuring that a wide range of software applications and systems comply with rigorous quality standards. Our applications underpin a wide range of public facing business services including banking and financial services, payment services, mobile phone services and mails services. Sales and Service channels include Retail Point of Sale, Web, Phone, Mobile and Postal.
This role is particularly focused on testing applications which will run on our Point of Sale systems which are in use in Post Offices and PostPoint. It is a primarily a project role which will require some 2nd level applications support as part of the day to day activity for the engineer. It is expected that over time the engineer will be assigned to a wide variety of projects and gain knowledge of many different applications and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and execution of test plans and test case scenarios.
- Installation of software releases and preparation of test environments.
- Installation of Riposte System Units and associated peripherals.
- Reporting and logging of defects.
- Collaborating with business users in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Liaison with GTS Engineers, Helpdesk Analysts, Developers and APS Teams
- Coordination of test activities and reporting to Project managers and business users, as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- A relevant Computer Science or Business Information Systems qualification.
- Experience in an IT software testing role (System test or UAT).
- Analysis and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to work both on your own initiative within a dynamic team structure.
- Knowledge of databases technologies and SQL scripting.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
(The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Technical Knowledge
- Problem solving & analysis
- Customer and Quality Focus
- Results orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 1st September 2023.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.