IT Operations Technical Support Specialist
Reporting to the GTS IT Operations Team Lead, the role of the GTS IT Operations Technical Support Specialist is to support IT Infrastructure services.
- Hands-on infrastructure management, monitoring and tier 2/3 support.
- Backup Management and Monitoring of multiple backup solutions.
- Infrastructure-related project work and documentation, ensuring that the technology used is fit-for purpose, and aligned with the IT Architecture Team’s principles, standards and roadmaps
- Assist with Implementation of backup policy including retention, encryption, ransomware protection etc.
- Providing input into Security Audits.
- Assisting with Disaster Recovery processes.
- Server provisioning.
- Optimise existing systems, build infrastructure, and eliminate manual tasks through automation.
- Manage incidents, conduct post-incident reviews, and complete root cause analysis to ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Stay abreast of new infrastructure technologies, and identify opportunities for improvements to current technologies and work practices
- Drafting and Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- On-Call, out of hours and weekend work will be required as part of the role.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years System Administrator experience working within a medium/large scale organisation with a proven background in Windows domain services management and backup management and will possess relevant technical certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Linux etc..
A Degree in Computer Science/Information systems or equivalent is desirable.
Analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail are also required. A self-starter with the ability to demonstrate initiative and be willing to assume responsibility, who is also customer focused, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with management, users and suppliers. You will be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
A broad range of technical knowledge with hands on experience of administering Windows and Linux OS via scripting and UIs is required.
Knowledge of Commvault Backup System is essential.
Knowledge of VMware administration is essential.
Experience of Powershell scripting.
Familiar with Patch Management tools.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex data.
Familiar with backup management processes and tools.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
Technical & Professional Knowledge
Problem Solving & Analysis
Customer and Quality Focused
Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
An Post Company Medical Scheme
An Post Pension Scheme
PRIP Bonus Scheme
Paid Maternity Leave
Paid Paternity Leave
An Post Employee Assistance Programme
Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
Tax Saver Travel Pass
City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm on 20th September 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us via the details at the top of this page.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Visit our website to read more about our strategy and our progress today!