HR Solutions Analyst Programmer
This is a permanent position. As HR Solutions Analyst Programmer you will work with the GTS HR Solutions team to provide frontline technical application and user support to the HR business. You will report to a GTS Project Leader and will be surrounded by GTS team members with whom you will collaborate and share.
GTS HR Solutions supply IT support services to the An Post HR business, providing a suite of HR applications to meet An Posts HR data recording and processing requirements. Our HR Systems gather and record HR data at source, adhering to tight processing schedules for generation of weekly payment to approximately 9,000 staff and 6,000 pensioners.
They capture costing and financial data for posting to An Post’s financial and management information systems, providing data for detailed analysis and management of staff activities and expenditures.
- Respond to and address HR helpdesk calls.
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Support and maintenance of systems in live operation.
- Application patching and bulletin releases.
- Functional and technical design/coding of system changes/fixes.
- Developing reports and data analysis.
- System testing, systems Integration testing and support of UAT.
- Source control and release processing.
- Supporting project deployments and go-live tasks.
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team, communicating effectively with GTS team members and systems users. You will possess strong technical and customer care skills.
A relevant third level qualification is desirable.
Ideally you will have experience of some or all of the following, or clearly demonstrate a capacity/willingness to obtain the skills and experience required for the position:
- Responding to and addressing helpdesk calls via a call logging systems (Service Now).
- A Source Control System
- Report writing tools (SSRS, Crystal Reports)
- Database Management Systems and SQL including MS SQL Server
- Visual Studio .Net, Java Script, HTML and IIS or equivalent
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell or equivalent)
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Results oriented
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid Working
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV by 5.00pm on 14th March 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please reach out to us via the contact information outlined at the top of this webpage.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Visit our website to read more about our strategy and our progress today!