Fleet Technical Manager - Networks, CM1 Level
Reporting to the Transport Network Manager the role of Fleet Technical Manager is to manage An Post’s Network fleet of 300 plus HGVs to ensure optimal utilisation, fuel consumption, maintenance. Fleet Technical management duties and responsibilities may also include helping to coach drivers to improve fleet safety, compliance and liability, in accordance with key organisational strategies -
- The transformation of An Post from Letters to a consolidated Letters and Parcel business.
- The An Post Fleet is also committed to transitioning fully from an environmental/Sustainability stand point – using Electric and Alternatives fuels for our vehicles.
- The consolation of An Post HGV fleet into 1 central location.
- Excellent knowledge of Fleet tracking and tachograph systems.
- Making sure all assets are fully utilised and reviewing Network Fleet configurations to meet capacity requirements.
- Ensuring round the clock availability of the HGV fleet in good technical order to meet mails distribution service requirement.
- Managing a geographically dispersed team, and available to travel nation-wide and outside normal office hours if required
- To manage fleet alignment and replacement on an annual basis.
- To work with An Post fleet suppliers and partners in relation to contract management – servicing both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Liaise and communicate with government & legal entities (RSA & Dept. of Transport) in matters relating to compliance.
- Analysing and advising on vehicle and trailer design specification and suitability to meet future additional capacity needs.
- Be able to manage HGV spend budgets and costings – fuel efficiencies.
- Ensuring that the operation of the Mails Network fleet complies with all National and EU legislation and Company standards at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a least 5 years’ experience managing a similar fleet size to An Post, be a qualified HGV Mechanic /Mechanical Engineer, holding both a Current Transport Manager Licence, and a current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) and C and CE Licence. You will have excellent Microsoft skills – Word - Excel and Power Point. It is critical to have experience in working with and to budgets plans and to have the ability to adapt to new data technologies.
You will be a self-starter, who is able to work on your own initiative and should possess excellent communication and negotiating skills. You will demonstrate a consistent record in utilising good planning and organisation skills, that deliver positive internal customer outcomes and that help create a positive team environment.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Results Orientation
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.