Digital Product Owner
An Post is currently on a major transformation journey. Core to this is the digital strategy as we transition from old world to new, providing the backbone of e-commerce in Ireland, Government services and extending our range of Financial Services with the launch on An Post Money.
A dedicated Digital function has been established to create the innovative digital framework and operating model that will enable An Post to redefine existing service offerings, as well as launch new products and services in order to attract new customer segments. This journey is already underway, and we are now looking for an experienced Digital Product Owner who can lead the Digital requirements for the An Post Money App. Reporting to the Head of Digital Transformation you will drive the digital development of the customer experience within the An Post Money App.
The primary accountabilities associated with this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Represent Digital in every aspect of the An Post Money App BAU function: Participate in daily stand up’s, sprint reviews, workshops, show & tells etc. Ensure that the digital needs are fully represented and considered in design. Review & sign off on UI & UX. Act as product owner for digital specific journeys. Work with internal stakeholders such as the Product Manager, Experience Owner, Business Owners and Business Analysts to ensure that business requirements are being accurately captured and reflect the overall goals of projects and align with the strategic focus of the Financial Services area.
- Ensure that new digital initiatives are delivered with the best possible customer experience. Engaging with our Customer Experience Manager to get customer insight and regular testing to ensure that our customers’ needs are being met.
- Work with our user experience professionals to ensure the optimum design for new digital journeys.
- Work with our IT colleagues to manage appropriate App store submissions, ensure we are up to date with policies and that we are optimising our App appropriately.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product including capabilities to help the team finalise testing and give sign offs for completion.
- Understand the value of the work you prioritise for yourself and the team and the business impacts it possesses.
- Engage daily with the scrum team - problem solving and understanding if any blockers need to be removed for the team or if business or other stakeholders need to be engaged as part of the decision making process.
- Provide program status updates to the Digital team, to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met, highlighting risks and issues as they arise.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions as required to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Display continuous learning and curiosity for new digital innovations and their application to our digital strategy.
- Demonstrate An Post values and behaviours in your day to day work and address behaviour that supports/conflicts with them.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a third level degree in a related discipline and a minimum five years’ relevant work experience in digital development with a knowledge of current and future trends. You have a good understanding of User Experience principles and a track record of delivering high profile complex projects that involve multiple stakeholders. You are customer focused and passionate about delivering the best possible customer experience. Ideally you will possess knowledge of the financial services industry and may have acted in a digital role in this sector previously, potentially as a product owner. Experience working within an agile framework and of Android and Apple App stores is also required.
Calm and level headed with excellent organisational skills, you have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple competing priorities. You demonstrate a flexible approach to working and can adapt to change and re-prioritise as required. You are a team player with a diplomatic approach who can influence effectively and build strong working relationships.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
An Post Company Medical Scheme
An Post Pension Scheme
PRIP Bonus Scheme
Paid Maternity Leave
Paid Paternity Leave
An Post Employee Assistance Programme
Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
Tax Saver Travel Pass
City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 22nd February 2024.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us on 087 990 5616 or at email@example.com.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress today!