At An Post our purpose is to act for the common good and to improve the quality of life in Ireland, now and for generations to come. In order to achieve this, we are committed to embedding sustainability in everything we do. We are accelerating this journey towards having a positive environmental and social impact, equality for all and creating everyday opportunities for consumers to live a more sustainable life.
We recognise that our operations impact every county, community, household and business in Ireland. We are one of the largest employers, maintain one of the largest fleets and have the largest retail network in the country. Therefore, we are:
- Leading the way in making sustainable living commonplace in Ireland
- Revolutionising our operations to reduce waste, source sustainably and improve efficiency
- Partnering with industry leaders to ignite innovation
- A national champion for protecting the planet
- Making a positive impact on our communities and our planet
Our governance over sustainability matters is embedded within our business-as-usual model. It is a primary consideration in all of our decisions and is subject to the same standard governance policies and processes as all aspects of the business, rather than being in a separate “Corporate Social Responsibility” function or governance structure. For more information on our Corporate Governance please see our Annual Report.