Make Big Savings on your Car Insurance and Support Your Local Post Office
14 February 2019
14 Feb 2019 According to an Irish study, people who shop around for insurance can make some very big savings – up to €1,249 for some motorists buying a new policy*. However, hundreds of thousands of Irish drivers and home owners forego this opportunity because they fail to fully appreciate the potential for savings on their car or home insurance or because of the hassle of switching providers.
That could be about to change however, thanks to a new initiative from Post Insurance. The insurance intermediary – a wholly owned subsidiary of An Post – is encouraging Irish drivers and home owners to provide their insurance renewal dates in return for:
- Financial support for their local Post Office: Where you provide your renewal details to a Post Office, Post Insurance will take the renewal details supplied and contact customers for a quote.All quotes completed by Post Insurance from these referrals will generate commission payments directly to your preferred local Post Office; no policy purchase is necessary for your Post Office to benefit. Additional commission is also payable for any of these policy quotes that are purchased by customers.
- A chance to win a €5,000 holiday voucher† – allowing you and your loved ones to take your dream holiday
† Terms and conditions apply available at www.postinsurance.ie/promotion. Promotion runs to 31.7.19.Winner of the Holiday Prize Draw will need to answer the following question correctly: What is the capital city of Ireland?
- Access to Amazing Car and Home Insurance rates:Giving you access to incredible car and home insurance discounts – including up to 75% off** Car insurance for drivers with a 5 years no claims bonus.
**75% discount applies if claims free for 5 years.This discount is available from FBD Insurance plc.
This promotion is a first of its kind in Ireland in that it allows people throughout Ireland to make a small but meaningful gesture to support their local post office – with or without making a product or service purchase. Even better, it also allows respondents the possibility of making significant savings on their insurance and the chance to win a voucher for the holiday of a lifetime. Here’s how….
Post Insurance asks consumers to submit their car or home details insurance renewal details in one of three ways:
- Ask at the counter of any Post Office.(You will most likely see ‘Win a €5,000 holiday’ handouts and digital ads in the office).The Post Office will take your details from you and pass them to Post Insurance who will contact you for a quote.
- Text POST, your name, the name of your preferred Post Office and the month of your car/ home insurance renewal to 51500 – e.g. POST, John, Lahinch, July. Standard text rates apply.
- By Freepost – self-seal freepost response forms are available at any Post Office.
Gary Finnerty, Head of Marketing at Post Insurance said: “People like to support local but sometimes do not see an easy way of doing that given their hectic lifestyles. This is a win-win promotion which allows people to support their local Post Office in a small way while at the same time getting access to some great home and car insurance rates and the chance to win a holiday of a lifetime. We in Post Insurance want to work with local Post Offices to bring excellent insurance rates to drivers and homeowners throughout Ireland to the mutual benefit of Postmasters and Post Insurance. This promotion is a step towards achieving that ambition. Participation is only a text away”