An Post announces Pricing for 2019
28 January 2019
Postal rates effective 25 February, 2019
No increase in €1 standard stamp price
28 January, 2019: An Post reviews its published postage rates on an annual basis and on foot of such a review, announces that revised rates for many postal services will come into effect on Monday 25 February 2019. The rates are in line with comparable tariffs across Europe. The main details are as follows:
Garrett Bridgeman, Managing Director, Mails & Parcels at An Post said
- The €1 stamp rate for sending a letter within Ireland is being maintained for a third year.
- Rates for large envelopes, packets and some parcels within Ireland are increasing by an average of 5.9%, though some rates are reducing.
- International rates are increasing by an average of 7% while the base rate for sending an international letter is increasing from €1.50 to €1.70.
- Rates payable to access the Redirection service (used by people moving address) are being reduced significantly with the introduction of a 1-month service option (previously 3-month minimum). Mailminder rates are also being greatly reduced to encourage customers to have all their mail stored securely at the local delivery unit while they are away on holidays.
- There will be no changes at this time to the rates for the current suite of bulk mail discount services for large volume mailers. However, within the next few months, An Post will introduce a new suite of bulk mail discount services to better serve the changing needs of customers.
“We are pleased to be able to maintain the €1 standard stamp price for a third consecutive year and we’re committed to cost-reflective and fair pricing. The increases in rates for International postage and larger items are reflective of the increasing costs of sending mail items worldwide and of delivering to every home and business in Ireland every working day.’’
Where rates are being increased, the level of increase has been kept to the absolute minimum and against a backdrop where there has been decline of almost 50% in transactional mail over the past decade. The increases are being implemented in conjunction with a major business transformation and cost reduction programme encompassing every part of An Post and our policy of fair, cost-reflective and simplified pricing for products and services.
A3 Postal Rates Poster 2019.pdf