Sustainable Cities and Communities
We have taken important steps within Sustainable Cities and Communities over the last 12 months. In addition to continuing our initiatives, the following will be key areas of focus for 2023 and beyond:
Looking forward to 2023 and beyond
• Continue to develop our Community Focus initiatives.
• Continue to raise attention to critical issues and money for organisations in need with our national stamp programme.
• Continue to check-in on elderly and vulnerable members of society.
• Continue to offer free postage to care and nursing homes throughout 2023.
• Launch a campaign to share details about our historical post boxes across Ireland and asking customers to tell us interesting stories about their local post box.
• Continue to support the National Adult Literacy Agency’s work to improve adults’ reading and writing skills.
• Launch the An Post “Time to Read” programme with Business in the Community Ireland to help primary school students build confidence and fluency.
• Continue to work with Children’s Books Ireland to deliver thousands of books for free to children all over the country on days such as World Book Day.
• Continue to build on our Financial Confidence programme to help improve financial literacy and wellness in communities throughout Ireland.