About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services.
About the Role
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Internal Audit the Internal Auditor, will operate as a business partner in a dynamic team environment, applying innovative auditing techniques to provide business leaders and their teams with proactive assurance and advice on core business processes and risks, as well as anticipating and advising on the mitigation of future risks that could affect the achievement of business goals.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the conduct of audit assignments from initiation to completion including ‘in flight’ audits and continuous auditing in line with the Internal Audit Plan and International Internal Auditing Standards;
- Developing and building an effective partnership relationship with business management to raise awareness of leading practice in respect to governance, internal control and risk management;
- Selecting and using appropriate and best practice research, business intelligence, analytics and problem solving techniques to analyse and solve complex problems and support decision making;
- Contributing to the preparation of timely and impactful professional reports and proposing recommendations that deal with root cause issues and provide the business insights that drive improvement and innovation while ensuring in line with International Internal Auditing Standards;
- Assisting in the successful execution of a comprehensive risk based annual audit plan;
- Exemplifying audit quality and the continuous improvement of internal audit activities by keeping up to date with developments in practice and supporting the Internal Audit Quality Assurance Improvement Programme (QAIP);
- Working with line management to update the status of previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, the timely auditing of resolved issues and engagement with the follow up audit reporting process; and
- Actively engaging with available coaching and development supports to develop professional capability in order to maintain team effectiveness.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will have a clear understanding of the business environment in which you undertake assignments having a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an audit environment, ideally including at least 1 year’s internal audit experience. You must have full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body or the IIA and have a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA) or hold a CMIIA qualification.
An excellent knowledge of audit methodology and principles, governance practices and internal controls and risk management as well as an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in which An Post operates is key. You should also have knowledge of best practice corporate structures and processes and project management knowledge or experience e.g. APM and/or six sigma. Excellent IT skills, knowledge of disruptive technologies and experience of using data analytics and visualisation tools in an audit context are required.
(The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical and Professional Knowledge
- Results orientation
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Tuesday 6th
of April 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!