Pay as you go with a Natural Gas Card
How does it work?
Pay for your gas as you use it with the Gas Network Natural Gas Card, which allows you to top up your Pay As You Go gas meter at any post office.
Step by Step
To use the Natural Gas Card, you first need to have a Pay As You Go gas meter installed by Gas Networks Ireland.
How to top up
- Remove the meter card and bring it to your local post office or PostPoint outlet to buy credit
- Insert your card back into the meter to transfer the credit.
Using the card in your meter
- Insert your Gas Card, ensuring that the gold-coloured chip on the card is facing towards the meter display
- The display will show the value of credit on your card
- To transfer your money to the meter, press red Button A. Any credit you owe will be deducted. Some of the credit you have bought will always be added to the ‘CREDIT’ screen
- If the shut-off valve inside your meter has been closed, the display will show ‘OFF’. The meter will ask you to check that your appliances are switched off. This is a safety requirement. Check that ALL appliances are turned OFF. Then press and hold button A to open the valve in the meter
- Continue to hold Button A until the display changes
- Now release Button A
- Follow the instructions until the screen indicates ON. Your gas is now ready to use
- In the event of a timeout, remove the card, reinsert it and start from the beginning
NB: Once credit is transferred, remove the card from the meter and keep it in a safe place. Leaving the card in the meter will run down the battery and may result in no gas to your appliances.
How much can I add?
The minimum amount you can top up is €10. The maximum depends on the model of your meter.
A replacement card costs €1.
Terms and Conditions
For more information contact your gas supplier;