Your guide to postal rates
We aim to make sending your post as easy as possible. The price we charge depends on the type of service you choose, the size and weight of the item you post and where you send it.
We offer four distinct postal services:
Find out more about our postal rates
, including our international rates and our package rates.
Postal rates are also calculated by reference to the weight, shape, size and destination of the item you are posting, reflecting the cost of processing and delivering those items.
An Post divides post into four categories when determining the cost of its delivery:
Once your item exceeds the size or weight limit of any category, it automatically moves to the next category of post. Learn more about our size and weight guidelines
The price you pay also depends on the destination of your post. An Post has five main price categories depending on where in the world your letter or parcel is going. They are:
- Zone 1
- Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Zone 2
- Belgium, Channel Islands, France, Germany, Great Britain, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands
- Zone 3
- Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, French Dependencies, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Republic of North Macedonia, Malta, Republic of Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine
- Zone 4
- Abu Dhabi, Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bonaire, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, China, Congo, Congo Dr, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Falklands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Gaza & Khan Yunis, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea Republic (South), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Dem. Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macao, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nevis, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion Islands, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Somalia, Republic of Somaliland, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Virgin Islands British, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Zone 5
- Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, New Zealand, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
The cost of postage to the UK from the Republic of Ireland depends on whether your item is going to Northern Ireland or the rest of the UK. Postal rates to Northern Ireland are the same as those within the Republic.
For some services, such as the International Courier Service, An Post has different postal rates for countries in the European Union and other European countries.
Do you send significant volumes of post? Find out more about the discounts and incentives
available for bulk business mail.