Why choose An Post?
Are you looking for an eCommerce partner in Ireland that is trustworthy, knowledgeable and delivers nationwide? A partner that will look after your parcels from website to the front door?
Recognised as one of Ireland's most reputable organisations, we offer an expert, reliable and high-quality service, delivering more than 2.5 million items to 2.2 million addresses nationwide every working day.
Contact an Account Manager to find out more about about our broad range of parcel services, including delivery and returns, and what we can do for you.
Our list of partners includes well-known names such as Arnotts, H&M and MicksGarage.com, so you will be in good company. Find out more about what we offer, including our:
- Network reach
- Quality of service
- Commitment to innovation and sustainability
Irish-owned and independently-regulated, we have an extensive network of more than a thousand post offices nationwide. This means:
- We have unrivalled local delivery knowledge so we we will always be able to find the house or business you are sending to, including non-unique addresses
- Your customers will always have a post office nearby for collection and returns, ensuring a hassle-free experience
- All our staff are uniformed postal operatives driving branded vehicles, ensuring secure delivery every time
Quality of service
Reliable and professional, you can count on us to do our job to the highest standard. We have a reputation for operational excellence which means we make sure your deliveries reach their destination. We can also:
- Schedule collection of your items from any Republic of Ireland address, five days a week
- Accept parcels six days a week with extended cut-off times
- Offer evening and Saturday deliveries
- Send text and email alerts to your customers
- Make up to three delivery attempts
- Hold delivery for up to seven days
- Offer label-free pickup and drop off return solutions through our ReturnPal service
If we are unable to deliver your item, we always leave a delivery notification docket for your customer, outlining how they can collect the item or arrange re-delivery.
Our Inflight service puts your customers in control of your parcels by allowing them to manage their deliveries and select from a range of delivery options.
All our collections are scanned at the collection point by expert staff who have undergone an official security check. Our hubs and delivery networks are monitored to ensure safe onward delivery of your goods.
Innovation and sustainability
We are committed to doing business in an innovative and sustainable fashion. Recent examples of innovation include:
- Our Customer Experience Management (CXM) project, which won Oracle's 2018 Analytics Innovation Global Excellence award. The CXM portal allows our corporate customers to view their parcel traffic on our data visualisation cloud service and is being made available to more of our customers every month
- Over the summer, we carried out Ireland's first-ever autonomous parcel delivery using a drone to Clare Island, off the coast of County Mayo. The drone took 11 minutes and 20 seconds to make the over-water crossing and arrive safely to the island
- Our Eco plan which aims to to eliminate carbon emissions across our network within a decade. A new fleet of electric vans and delivery tricycles is now on the road, the first step to meeting our commitment to zero carbon emission deliveries in Dublin by the end of 2019 and in four other Irish cities by the end of 2020