Set up: Shopify Integration
21 June 2021
To integrate Shopify with eCommerce Hub, you will need to get the following from your Shopify account:
- Shop Domain
- API Key
- API Password
You can gather this information by following the steps below.
This is the full URL of the Shopify account for example:
API Key and Password
On the Shopify admin:
- Go to Apps menu
- Click on “Develop apps for your store”
- Click on “Create an app”
- Give a name (Custom app name)
- Click on “Configuration” and Configure the “Admin API integration”
- From the list of access/permissions, select the following to “Read and write”:
- Assigned fulfilment orders
- Fulfilment services
- Product listings
- Select the following API access/permissions to “Read”:
- Merchant-managed fulfilment orders
- After you save it, click on “Install app” and confirm “Install” on popup window
- Once installed, under “Admin API access token” click on the “Reveal token once”. Copy this password/token and keep it securely. NB: This token can only be seen once and is necessary to complete the setup in eCommerce Hub.
- Copy the API key and keep it secure, that’s what you need to integrate eCommerce Hub to Shopify.
Configure eCommerce Hub
- Log in to eCommerce Hub
- Click Setup, then Integrations
- Click +Add New Integration
- Click +Add beside Shopify
- If Shopify is not available, contact Support to enable this feature
- Add the data collected from Shopify (API Key, password and shop domain)
- Put the “Admin API access token” you copied in step 9 of the Shopify Admin configuration above into the 'Password' field in eCommerce Hub.
- Click Create Integration to save the configuration
This completes the set-up for Shopify. eCommerce Hub will only pull shipments from the default warehouse on Shopify that are in the “Unfulfilled” fulfilment status and “paid” financial status.
We believe that the best practice is to test the integration by enabling the account when you have finished orders for the day and then push through some test orders using the fake credit card details option on Shopify.
Shopify and eCommerce Hub interaction during shipment generation
- When eCommerce Hub imports the shipment we set the fulfilment status as “Open” in Shopify.
- When the label is printed in eCommerce Hub, we update the fulfilment status in Shopify to “Label Printed”.
- When the shipments are manifested in eCommerce Hub we then set the Shipping Status in Shopify to “Confirmed” and the Fulfilment Status in Shopify to “Complete”. We also send back the tracking URL and the Carrier name.