How to manually create a shipment
21 June 2021
Manually creating a shipment in ECommerce Hub is easy. Simply follow the below steps:
Log into your account and in the menu bar on the left click Shipments and then Create Shipment
- Fill out the customer information in the fields provided.
- A shipment requires the following (at a minimum) to be entered before it can be saved in the eCommerce Hub system:
- Last Name or Company Name
- Address Line 1
- Postcode (Country dependent)
- If you have imported an address book, by typing into the last name or company name, a list of 5 matching recipients will become visible.
- Once the recipient info is populated click Next at the bottom of the page, or select the tab at the top of the page entitled Order info (optional).
- Fill out the item information by clicking Show package items just below the Length value box.
- This will expand the box and allow you to give each item in the consignment’s quantity, SKU, Weight, value, and description. You can add more items by clicking the green + Add Item button on the right-hand side.
- You can also add additional packages if you need multiple labels for the one consignment by clicking the green + Add Package button on the right-hand side.
- You can manually add the Order number, or we offer the option to automatically generate this by ticking the box beside it, marked Automatically generate.
- You can ignore the Consignment Identifier field, this is a unique identifier within the platform for us.
- For international consignments, the bottom section is important. This is where you input the VAT, and EORI number of the recipient for B2B shipment. These can be left blank for B2C shipments.
- The reason for export offers that standard options in the dropdown box. If you do not select an option, we will default it to “Sale of Goods”.
- Shipping cost is what the recipient has paid for shipping, rather than your cost of shipping it. Customs take this into account as well. If you do not charge for shipping, leave it blank or input 0.
At this point, you have 2 options:
If you select option 1:
- You can save the shipment to run it through your shipment rules to automatically allocate a service.
- You can click Next on the bottom of the page, or click the tab entitled Shipping info (optional) on at the top of the page to manually assign a carrier and service.
You have successfully created your shipment.
If you select option 2:
please continue to step 5 below.
- You must now choose the carrier and service to be applied to the shipment.
- Most services also have enhancements. Enhancements are additional options that the carrier needs to be completed to fulfil the shipment such as package type, customs invoice type, customer notification type, delivery confirmation type.
- Once you have entered all the relevant details click Create or Create & Add Another.
- If you click Create, as long as there are no errors in your shipment, it will allocate the shipment to your selected service and generate a label for you to print. You will need to click Print Label on the next page in order to open this pdf in a new tab.
- If you click Create & Add Another, this will save the shipment and allocate it without trying to print a label. You have successfully created your shipment.