Skip to main content

Sending Internationally

Sending outside the EU

When sending packets or parcels to destinations outside the European Union, a customs declaration form must be completed in English either online using Click & Post or at any Post Office.
At the Post Office the below declaration can be completed. An electronic version of this declaration is captured so this can be read by the receiving country. 

Customs data requirements vary by country according to the relevant customs authority, we would advise you to check with the local authority of your items destination for further information.

The physical version of the form looks like this:

An online version of the form can also be completed when you Click & Post online.

Sending within the EU

When sending within the EU, an Aviation Security Declaration, must be attached to all letters, packets or parcels containing goods sent within the EU, excluding Northern Ireland. This is to ensure compliance with airline security regulations. See the full list of prohibited items which cannot travel by air.

You must describe the contents of the item fully and accurately and include your name, address and signature.

A preview of the Aviation Security Declaration can be found below: 


Sending to Ireland from non-EU countries

When sending an item to Ireland you will need to supply complete electronic customs data according to Irish Customs regulations.

The minimum mandatory electronic data that is required is: 

  • A valid HS/TARIC Code, use our online tool to find the correct TARIC Code for your items

  • A valid item description 

  • Country of origin 

  • Item value 

  • Postage, insurance, freight paid 

  • Sender name, address details 

  • Addressee name, address 

  • Packet/parcel weight 

You should also ensure the items you are sending are not regarded as prohibited/restricted by An Post. You can do so by reviewing the list on our prohibited items page.

Prohibited items

Some goods are prohibited, and some are subject to restrictions or may require a licence.

Customs FAQs