Delivery Services Unit Optimisation Manager
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Mails Operational Excellence, the Delivery Service Unit Optimisation Manager will have overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the Collection and Delivery route design to support new working arrangements throughout the Mails and Parcels business in line with project timelines and cost parameters.
You will develop technical solutions for opportunities in “Last Mile Delivery”, ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures. You will also identify improvement opportunities across Collection and Delivery and use the Lean Six Sigma methodology to drive efficiencies.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and motivating the team within DSU Optimisation to complete the DSU redesign process, ensuring an efficient operation and a high quality of service to customers.
- Implementing and maintaining a new Delivery Service Unit route optimisation process to ensure necessary route changes are identified and implemented as quickly and smoothly as possible; ensuring that all information required for route design optimisation is available within the agreed timeframe to support the rollout of the project.
- Working closely with the Management team in each area to ensure that all optimised routes are accurate and operationally sound and involving Area Managers and Operational Excellence Managers at various phases in design so as to test the emerging ideas and ensure commitment to proposed changes.
- Identifying and implementing initiatives based on best practices in technology, transport modes and methods, increasing efficiency in Collection and Delivery to reduce last-mile costs.
- Completing feasibility studies on potential Delivery Service Unit consolidation and the adoption of new Collection and Delivery transport modes.
- Managing the maintenance and future development of GIRO (GeoRoute), Collection and Delivery design software. Utilise automated data to ensure optimum operational design to achieve maximum efficiencies using industry best practice and internationally recognised industrial engineering practices and principles.
- Analysing and interpreting statistical mails volume data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information e.g. employing statistical tools to demonstrate trend analysis for process transfers and operational changes.
- Developing technical solutions for opportunities in “Last Mile Delivery” where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the deliverables of the team to ensure a robust, engaged and developed staff who deliver the required results.
- Demonstrating An Post Values and behaviours in your day to day work and addressing behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a relevant Engineering Honours Degree, with a minimum five years’ experience in a high volume operational environment. You will be highly experienced in project management, with a track record of delivering projects on time, to cost and quality. An excellent understanding of business processes is required, including a thorough knowledge of data analytics and an aptitude for math and statistics.
Strong business judgement and decision making skills are required. You will be aware of the changes taking place in An Post and demonstrate a clear commitment to change. You thrive working as part of a team, having excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills and you are skilled at building relationships with key partners, including employees, local managers and unions.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Process Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 14th August 2020.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!