Vulnerable Consumer Officer
Reporting to the Customer Experience & CRM Lead within the CX & Marketing Team, Retail, the Vulnerable Consumer Officer holds a key role within the business that will be responsible for the implementation and the ongoing development of the An Post Vulnerable Customer Policy, ensuring a best in class service to An Post vulnerable consumers.
The role holder will be responsible for devising and executing a Vulnerable Consumer Assurance Program over activities undertaken in the business, ensuring that financial services responsibilities within An Post comply with appropriate policies and procedures, industry risk management practices, and regulatory requirements including Assisted Decision Making Legislation and the Consumer Protection Code.
The role holder would be seen as a subject matter expert in this field and also a key point of contact for Retail, maintaining relationships within the business and with external bodies including advocacy groups/support services and charities. The role holder will be required to advise on assisted decision making/vulnerable consumer issues throughout the end to end journey of the consumer across the Retail Financial Services product range.
While key contact will primarily be with colleagues in supporting vulnerable customer cases and engaging with advocacy groups, the role holder may from time to time be speaking with vulnerable customers directly, providing a bespoke service to help them through a potentially difficult stage in their life.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping abreast of regulation in this area and being the subject matter expert, working with third parties within the industry and advocacy sector to ensure An Post is aligned in its approach.
- Developing policies, procedures and controls, and driving change through the An Post Vulnerable Consumer Programme, championing the consumer and providing industry guidance.
- Liaising with various stakeholders – Compliance/Risk/Legal/Group Fraud/All Retail Distribution Units/Customer Experience/FS Product Development/GTS & Digital/Group Customer Complaints to champion An Post’s vulnerable consumers.
- Co-ordinating Vulnerable Consumer training and communication delivery to all identified internal groups, stakeholders and third party suppliers.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for resolution of customer issues for vulnerable customers.
- Designing and implementing a Vulnerable Consumer Issues/Complaints Register to track resolution of issues raised, provide insights and reports to senior management and to identify issues for escalation to Retail Executive, where needed. This will entail reviewing trends and providing feedback into the business as needed.
- Directing the Complaints Programme for Retail ensuring we are recording and responding to complaints in a timely fashion and within our regulatory obligations, and ensuring we are making it as easy as possible for our customers to make a complaint and our colleagues to record same.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group, Risk and Compliance policies, regulatory requirements, and local business unit policies and controls is achieved through the day to day activities associated with this role.
- Advocating and actively demonstrating An Post core values and behaviours.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of three years’ managerial experience in a financial services environment and have past experience in a customer service relationship role, with demonstrative ability to take total ownership for resolving customer related issues from end to end. You will also have secured a degree in a relevant business discipline and have relevant experience and/or qualifications in the area of programme/project management.
This will be a fulfilling role where drive, commitment and an ability to influence will be essential to success. Excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering quality outcomes for customers, including exceptional listening and writing skills are required. You must have strong organisational skills, with an ability to effectively handle competing priorities, exercising sound judgement and commercial awareness. You are an energetic and motivated individual, with proven adaptability and a willingness to take on new challenges.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Decision-Making & Judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on 27th June 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services for our customers, both online and in person. We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress here