Treasury Analyst, Banking & Treasury Services
Reporting directly to the Group Treasurer, this position offers a high calibre individual an exciting opportunity to contribute to a challenging new Treasury role as An Post grows its presence in Retail Financial Services
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Working closely with the Group Treasurer the successful applicant will be responsible for a range of activities including but not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- The analysis and management of key Treasury risks facing the An Post group from a liquidity, credit, operational and market (including interest rate, foreign currency & commodity pricing) risk perspective along with the development of potential solutions to minimise these risks.
- Forming part of An Post’s relationship management team with key financial institutions and payment service providers (PSPs) and work collaboratively with all internal and external partners to ensure key KPI’s are reached, SLA’s met and fees/charges are within budget.
- Act as a reliable focal point within the Group for any initiatives/projects which may impact the treasury function
- Driving, co-ordinating and supporting the development of a new Treasury Management System.
- Assist with the management of Merchant Card Services activities for the An Post group at an operational level.
- Various ad-hoc tasks and project-based work.
The ideal candidate will have either an Honours Bachelor’s Degree/ Level 8 (Finance / Business / Accounting preferred but other relevant business subject areas considered) or be a qualified accountant, with 1 to 2 years’ relevant treasury experience in a dynamic corporate environment or a financial institution.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across multiple levels. The ability to concurrently manage and provide support on numerous tasks, and demonstrated ability to maintain focus and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment is key. You will be commercially astute, energized and committed to personal development. A high degree of IT literacy is also required.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Results Orientated
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid work model
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on 16 January 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Visit our website to read more about our strategy and our progress today!