Technical Support Specialist GTS Security Operations – An Post
Reporting to the GTS Security Operations Team Lead, the role of the Security Operations Technical Support Specialist is to support the safeguarding of An Post assets from Cyber Threats and to ensure security controls are implemented, maintained and operating effectively to improve An Post’s overall risk posture. This is a wide-ranging role that has responsibility for IT Security day to day activity within An Post including technical, operational and procedural security.
- User Account Management of multiple Windows Domains.
- Licensing and account management within Azure Environment.
- Support the remote access infrastructure.
- Assist with Vulnerability Management and ensuring systems meet baseline configuration standards.
- Maintain, support and monitor specific technologies within GTS Security.
- Offer technical advice and assistance to Users/GTS staff in relation to Information Security.
- Helpdesk calls – including monitoring the status of calls for GTS Security, follow up with Team on progress and assign calls where necessary.
- Drafting and Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review of alerts, events and reports from Security Incident Event Management System.
- Producing reports and metrics to measure controls performance and identify deficiencies.
- Incident Response – Responding to information security incidents in a timely manner and assisting with incident closure.
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in Information Security. A qualification or training in an information security subject area or similar is an advantage but not essential. Demonstrable technical expertise and a strong appreciation of information security principles and ability to keep up to date with emerging security risks and threats that may impact An Post is key.
You will also have good communication skills, to provide advice, guidance and assistance to system users relative to systems and information protection. Analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail are also required. A self-starter with the ability to demonstrate initiative and be willing to assume responsibility, who is also Customer focused, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with management, users and suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, specifically User Access Management
- Knowledge of Azure and Cloud services an advantage
- Knowledge of GDPR and its application to protecting personal/sensitive data
- Knowledge of specific standards ISO27001 and PCI-DSS an advantage
- Knowledge of Endpoint Protection controls
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Customer and Quality Focused
- Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on 20th February 2023
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us via the details outlined at the top of this webpage.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress by visiting our website today!