Technical Support Specialist, GTS
Temporary 12 Month Contract
The Technical Support Specialist will join the Central Address Database GTS team who are responsible for the maintenance and development of the Central Address Database (CAD) and GeoDirectory Database. CAD GTS in particular provide data to support a number of critical business processes particularly in the An Post Commerce business. The GeoDirectory product is a database of all address points in Ireland and the CAD team provide support services to the GeoDirectory company.
Working alongside the existing CAD GTS team, the Technical Support Specialist will provide technical support, software development and data interfaces related to the Central Address Database (CAD) and GeoDirectory systems. This will include both support and project related activity.
- Supporting regular product releases of GeoDirectory and CAD databases and other critical systems.
- Working alongside the existing team to provide technical support and development for CAD and GeoDirectory Database and related systems.
- Provide support to the GeoDirectory business team
- Develop and maintain expertise in CAD/GeoDirectory data and its use within An Post
- System & Integration testing for projects/changes to systems
- Provide technology support for systems in the area including Route Design, CAD, Geo Directory Order/Production systems
- Writing technical and end-user documentation.
- Assist with managing the dataflow between CAD, GeoDirectory, GIS Systems, Mails Automation, Route Design and other key systems
- Assist with loading/management of data and ensure quality standards are maintained.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have a relevant third level qualification and technical knowledge of working with Oracle Databases, running/creating scripts including PL/SQL and ideally data reporting tools/technologies.
You will have at least 2 years’ satisfactory relevant experience ideally including responsibilities for data management and systems support.
A customer focus, with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing is key. Excellent organisational and data analysis skills with attention to detail & ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative are required. You will also be results orientated and be flexible in a changing environment.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package An Post offers access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to email a detailed CV with the role title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress here today!