Strategic Commercial Account Lead, An Post Commerce Sales
Reporting to the An Post Commerce Sales Director, the Strategic Commercial Account Lead is a newly created role which will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships among An Post Commerce’s strategic customer base while also developing plans and initiatives to increase revenue for the company.
The strategic and large commercial customers include selected customers and internal stakeholders with whom An Post Commerce is working. In this role you will build and implement commercial and strategic relationships in accordance with the Business Unit’s overarching objectives and strategic goals.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a customer centric approach to relationship management and providing best in class relationship management to our large and strategic commercial customers.
- Maintaining strong and engaged ongoing relationships with current customers and identifying new ways to grow the partnership, revenue and profit.
- Managing face to face meetings, building solutions, crafting proposals and delivering presentations.
- Creating a QBR cycle for each large customer with key focus points addressed to grow our partnerships.
- Building capacity, capability, and collaboration by working with other departments to support the needs of our large customers and ensuring we are the partner of choice for their business.
- Growing wallet share by achieving a best in class perception from our customers, building loyalty and helping to grow our business through transformation.
- Managing a team and helping them to identify and source new opportunities within this customer base and ensuring we are selling all lines of business into our large customers.
- Reducing churn by creating and managing sales contact cycles for your team.
- Ensuring correct CRM (Customer Record Management) of your team.
- Understanding key industry trends and dynamics that are driving the need for change within our large customer businesses.
- Producing regular business reports on business opportunities within our existing large customers.
- Collaborating with and supporting Sales Leads and marketing colleagues to align our internal goals to grow our revenue and deliver strong profit.
- Leveraging financial acumen and sales experience to ensure we are innovating and collaborating with our customers at decision making level.
- Negotiating and reviewing contracts to ensure we are maximising profit opportunities.
- Meeting or exceeding annual targets for this customer base.
- Achieving sales volume distribution and pricing objectives including implementing the pricing strategy to achieve the price yield set within the budget.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor activity and development in the market place and recommending action and intervention where appropriate.
- Some international travel as required.
- Advocating and actively demonstrating An Post core values and behaviours.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Sales Account Management role, with a proven track record of delivering for large, strategic accounts and a passion for driving a best in class experience for customers. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people and working with large and global companies. You have strong sales & communication skills and an excellent level of commercial acumen. You have demonstrative experience adopting innovative ways of adding value through your understanding of the market and your ability to identify key opportunities.
You have the ability to critically analyse data, identify trends to make meaningful decisions and take action when appropriate. Your strong interpersonal skills enable you to communicate effectively with all stakeholders. A collaborative mind-set and appetite for success are essential traits to excel in this role.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Customer Centricity
- Commercial Awareness
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Contract Negotiation
- Attention to Detail
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on 28th June 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress here