Senior Automation Engineer – Mails Processing
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Project Executive will assist in the various facets of An Post's Automation Strategy delivery, assisting in the rollout of new processing equipment and systems while gaining experience in the development and rollout of new projects and the management and maintenance of state of the art sorting equipment to An Post's recognised high standards.
The successful candidate will be involved in the equipment installation, commissioning and acceptance of the Packet and Parcel Automation Equipment. He/she will be a part of the Engineering & Systems team presence in each Processing Centre as a key member of the team liaising with supplier and operational staff and management on a daily basis during project rollout. Data analysis will be a crucial part of the role and through statistics gathering and interrogation poor trends or faults will be identified for correction by the supplier.
He/she will require a high level of competence in electro-mechanical systems and have hands on experience in this area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day involvement in equipment installation and commissioning activities.
- Assisting in acceptance test completion.
- Playing an active role during the project integration and monitoring periods.
- Collating data from relevant systems and providing reports.
- Assisting in maintenance management system rollout for the new equipment.
- Assist in the day to day system management monitoring of the new equipment.
- Act as main liaison for operational teams in the Processing Centre.
- Assist in the development and rollout of project documentation.
- Work closely with external and internal clients.
- Assist in key projects as directed.
- Implementation of materials handling installations and maintenance processes.
The post holder will have a minimum 2:2 Honours Degree in Engineering with a Mechanical, Electronic, or Supply Chain Engineering background. They will be adaptable, customer and quality focused, have excellent communication skills, and be able to plan and organise their workload effectively, backed up with good PC skills and utility of the MS Office suite. They will have significant experience working on challenging engineering projects, in a collaborative setting, with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility and of delivering results on time, within an environment of change.
A full clean driving license is preferable.
Critical Competencies: (The following four competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Problem solving & analysis
- Attention to detail (continuous learning)
- Technical and Professional Knowledge
This is a multi-faceted role and in order to achieve project implementation timelines flexibility in days and hours of attendance and with task assigned will be required. This position will require travel to attend at all Processing Centres as required.
Send detailed CV to email@example.com
or by post to
HR Services Unit
Block 2D, GPO
O’Connell Street Lower
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 29 of March.
An Post is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome suitably
qualified applicants from all sections of the community.