Senior Application Reliability Engineer- 3rd Level Support
An Post Group Technology Solutions (GTS) has responsibility across all An Post business directorates for ensuring that business services chosen by An Post can be successfully executed and efficiently operated through the use of appropriate Information Technology. Reporting to the Devops Lead you will have responsibility of troubleshooting and resolving application issues and related technologies for AnPost application technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyse configuration changes to resolve customer issues.
- Knowledge of business logic within the application stack to identify and address bottlenecks.
- Collaborating with Solutions Architecture, DevOps, Cloud, DBA and Networks for problem resolution, improved resilience and reduced downtime.
- Developing and deploying solutions to new and emerging application environment problems.
- Keeping a focus on code and environment obsolescence to ensure continued compliance and support.
- Drive to improve availability of the AnPost application suite.
- Coordinate with other teams and remain responsible for problems until they’re resolved.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting business applications, knowledge and expertise in ITIL service support and .Net Development experience. Excellent customer service and communication skills is key as you will present recommendations for application upgrades and fixes to the IT Change Advisory Board for approval. You will be able to act as go-to specialist for all aspects of application, technical and process support at escalated levels.
You will also have experience of development and execution of SQL server queries problem, change and release management. When required, co-ordinate teams, resources and systems in readiness for go-live days on new operational launches.
You will also have an understanding of existing and new technologies the SDLC, logging and monitoring software and to modern application packaging, deployment, containerization, and other supporting tools (SNOW, Jira, Confluence, etc.). Knowledge of automating processes PowerShell, or another modern language is advantageous.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Attention to detail
- Decision making & judgement
- Problem solving and analysis
- Technical & professional knowledge
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid Working
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 11th June 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us via the contact details at the top of this web page.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress on our website today!