Senior Analyst Programmer - GTS Retail, Two position
About the role
These roles will work alongside the existing team maintaining key Retail back end systems at An Post supporting our financial services, banking and welfare business services.
- Development and support of back office systems supporting the Retail business area
- Development of Oracle based solutions incorporating Apex, Oracle Forms, PL/SQL, .net, web services technologies
- Engage in the full SDLC where needed, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and deployment phases
- Work alongside colleagues and third parties where needed
- Work with business areas to understand systems requirements, support needs and delivery of IT services
Knowledge & Experience
Ideally you will possess the following competencies, skills and experience
- 5+ years experience in a similar development/support role
- Expert knowledge of development in Oracle Database, Forms & APEX, .Net and web services
- Project estimation, development, change management, source code management, documentation, test planning & test skills
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member to solve problems as they may arise
- Excellent communication skills when representing GTS/ An Post internally & externally
- Ideally a relevant 3rd level IT qualification
About the Benefits
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving and Analysis
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line to arrive no later than 5.00pm on Monday 18 November 2019.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion
also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.