Sales Director, An Post Commerce
About the Role
An Post Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its national and international eCommerce parcels, logistics and mail marketing businesses, while delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that all Irish shippers and shoppers including SMEs can access goods and markets across the world.
An Post Mails & Parcels trades under the An Post Commerce name. It generates an annual turnover of c.€660m per annum and has in excess of 8,000 employees located throughout Ireland. An Post Commerce headquarters is located in the Dublin’s GPO.
Reporting to the Managing Director, An Post Commerce, the Sales Director will be responsible for driving revenue and profitable growth for the An Post Commerce Business Unit by developing An Post’s competitive positon in line with the overall An Post Commerce Business Strategy. This role, being highly strategic in nature, will add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities both domestically and internationally and developing strategic plans to succeed in each of these areas. The key responsibilities of this role include directing the BU sales strategy to achieve business growth targets, overseeing and expanding the existing sales department, providing strategic advice and direction to the business based on reliable data and effectively managing commercial development activities. By remaining well-informed of trends and market conditions, the key focus of the Sales Director is to maximise An Posts financial returns whilst safeguarding our competitive position and reputation in the market place.
As Sales Director you will have a number of Senior Management direct reports and a wider team who you will lead in achieving these objectives.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies in line with An Post’s goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Exploring current trends related to domestic and international opportunities and anticipating future trends likely to have an impact while establishing and implementing commercial strategy and plans, to promote revenue, profitability and growth.
- Understanding key industry trends and dynamics that are driving the need for major partners and customer changes in ecommerce logistics.
- Ensuring all business development opportunities are optimized by overseeing and utilising market research and analysis and developing business plans/recommendations, including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the BU.
- Creating, developing and maintaining close, strategic relationships with key customers and ensuring their needs are being met.
- Acting to acquire new customers and managing client relationships.
- Monitoring performance of commercial activities using key metrics to ensure annual sales targets are being met or exceeded.
- Providing leadership to the sales management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development and high-performance.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor activity and development in the market place, recommending action and intervention where appropriate.
- Forming strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks and capabilities.
- Working with the marketing team to devise marketing materials, sales collateral and tools to support new business development team.
- Bringing creative ideas to the table regarding how we can generate new leads for our sales team, innovating other scalable approaches to drive revenue growth.
- Operating a rigorous performance management process for all direct reports.
- Demonstrating An Post Values and behaviours in your day to day work and addressing behaviour that supports/conflicts with them.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have at least ten years’ commercial experience in a fast moving selling environment with a degree in Business Administration or equivalent being an advantage. You will have a detailed knowledge of the domestic and international ecommerce markets with an understanding of mails and parcels/logistics being a distinct advantage
You will have in depth experience developing and implementing sales strategies and a proven track record of driving the top line sales growth and delivering commercial results. You are an effective communicator with excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills and a proven record of securing and maintaining a network of effective client relations. You demonstrate strong influencing and partnership skills and the ability to successfully navigate change programmes, driving a commercial mind-set.
You are required to hold a full clean drivers licence. This role will also involve domestic and international travel.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 26th October 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our commitments & our progress here today!