Regulatory Affairs Support Manager
Reporting to the Internal & External Regulatory Affairs Managers, the Regulatory Affairs Support Manager is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective management of the Regulatory Affairs Office to ensure it objectives are met. The role will be the pivot on which the Regulatory Affairs Managers will relay to ensure the timely provision and delivery of regulatory interactions and task completion with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer, Internal Regulatory Affairs Manager and the External Regulatory Affairs Manager in the smooth running of the Regulatory Affairs Office;
- Work in conjunction with the Internal Regulatory Affairs Manager with interactions within the Company such as Legal, Finance, International & Pricing and Mails & Parcels Operational teams;
- Work in conjunction with the External Regulatory Affairs Manager to support all aspects of the Company’s interaction with ComReg and regulatory bodies;
- With a proven research capability, work to support the Internal and External Regulatory Affairs Managers in the preparation and drafting of An Post submissions to various ComReg public consultations and replies to correspondence received from ComReg and other regulatory authorities;
- Screening of online referrals to Customer Advocate and those escalated to ComReg under Section 43(3) and referred back to An Post for comment;
- Responsible for continuous improvement within the Regulatory Affairs function, including ways of working, tools, templates and communication;
- Manage the day to day administration of the office: acknowledging correspondence, setting up meetings, drafting letters and presentations, support in preparation for all internal and external engagements;
- Manage the Non-Pay expenditure budget for Regulatory Affairs;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Budget file for Regulatory Affairs;
- Open purchase orders and settle invoices as and when required;
- Monitor monthly Non-Pay expenditure and prepare a report on monthly and YTD variances;
- Prepare monthly accruals and issue these to Finance;
- Prepare year-end accruals, including a report on annual variances;
- Maintain Regulatory Affairs physical and IT databases as required;
- Maintain Investigation Branch incident summary database on shared folder; and
- Carry our ad-hoc assignments as required from time to time by the Regulatory Affairs Managers.
- The post holder will have 5 years plus experience in a regulatory, financial, legal environment.
- Educated to degree level in a financial, economics, business or legal discipline.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work on their own initiative with an ability and willingness to re-prioritise work at short notice.
- With a strong focus on results, a keen eye for detail and the ability to organise their own work and that of the office, the ideal candidate will be flexible, reliable and capable of handling a varied workload while working in a dynamic environment.
- You will be financially literate and comfortable with budget preparation and reporting.
- You will have a collaborative approach with the ability to work well as part of a small high-performing team, across multiple internal functions.
- You have high levels of ethical conduct and respect confidentiality and act with integrity at all times. You are a driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results.
- Technical/ Professional Knowledge
- Project Management
- Planning & Organising
- Process Thinking
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Send your CV to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line to arrive no later than 5.00pm on Thursday 12 December 2019.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. https://www.anpost.com/About/Our-Strategy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion
also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.