Programme Director - HR Transformation
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
An Post has undergone a significant transformation over the last number of years, taking bold strategic moves to ensure we continue to deliver as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world. In support of the business strategy, Human Resources has set about its own transformation, identifying and establishing a best-in-class HR Management System that will ensure the future success of the business and deliver on the talent and people agenda.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, and working with the Chief Transformation Officer and Chief Digital and Technology Officer, the Programme Director will have overall responsibility for delivery of the HR Transformation programme including the budget, outcomes, resources, development of the plan, and management of risk and issues. You will be accountable for the successful implementation of the new HR Management System, a key element of this transformation. Working with a multitude of stakeholders across the business, you will play a fundamental role in leading change and ensuring the programme is delivered successfully.
The responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Programme is delivered on time, budget and to agreed quality standards
- Developing work stream plans and managing critical paths and dependencies across the Programme
- Ensuring that benefits are realised and achieved as expected
- Working with the technical and functional Project Managers to ensure achievement of Programme objectives
- Ensuring the right number of appropriately skilled resources are in place to deliver in accordance with the Programme plan
- Providing “hands on support”, where appropriate, to drive Programme deliverables
- Leading and successfully partnering with software vendors, system integrators, and other third parties
- Providing coaching to Programme resources as required
- Developing and managing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Creating and providing regular reporting on progress against the Programme to management, Programme Sponsors and the Steering Committee
- Proactively identifying and managing risks and issues, and driving remediation actions and course correction if necessary
- Ensuring adherence to the An Post project governance requirements
- Advocating and actively demonstrating An Post core values and behaviours.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 years’ experience with a proven track record of leading and delivering complex change and transformation programmes, and a relevant degree level qualification, ideally to Masters level, or equivalent relevant business education. You must have experience managing at least three large successful HR technology implementations as well as a deep understanding of HR function strategic drivers and operational imperatives.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential, with the ability to understand, assimilate and analyse complex information and communicate meaningful insights in a non-specialist format to others across the business. You will have exceptional stakeholder management skills and organisational skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of an organisation and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Awareness/experience of unionised environments is an advantage. As an agent of change, you understand what is needed to drive success and you are able to question to get to the heart of issues. Oracle HCM Cloud experience is preferred.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Strategic Focus
- Change Management
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Project Management
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5.00pm on 29th April, 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
More about Us
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here