Product Manager Parcels
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
About the role
Reporting to the Product & Digital lead, the Parcels Product Manager is responsible for driving the commercial volume agenda for all Parcel products. They develop and implement strategically driven product plans that align with the strategic direction for the Mails and Parcels business.
- Work with the Product & Digital lead to develop and implement strategically driven marketing plans that align with the strategic direction for the mails and parcels business.
- Work with the Product & Digital lead to drive the commercial volume agenda for all parcel products.
- An Post Parcel product leader.
- Product development for all Parcels products (B2B,SME & B2C).
- Deliver integrated product plans that, upon implementation, maximise product potential and deliver on market share and profit targets.
- Manage all Parcels product development working with the Product & Digital Lead, CDO & the digital team.
- Meet or exceed annual sales and profit targets by product line as specified in strategic plan.
- Working with the Mails & Parcels communications team to launch and grow all parcel product & services.
- Proposition Research. Plan and manage business cases for each proposition.
- Work with the marketing operations team to create and manage all parcel product stock.
- Work collaboratively with the retail business to lead the development and roll out of Parcels products/services.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver on required output.
- Leverage customer insight and sales channel feedback to create product propositions.
- Demonstrate An Post values and behaviours in your day to day work and address behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years’ trade and/or company experience in a similar product role.
- Proven ability to deliver on commercial objectives
- A knowledge of An Post domestic and international markets and agreements would be beneficial.
- Relevant third level qualification in business/ marketing.
- Experience in selling via Ecommerce Channels.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Results orientation
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision making/ judgement
We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to Recruitment@anpost.ie by 5.00pm on 22nd July 2020.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in our employee selection process, please simply let us know. We welcome all interested parties to apply.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Market leading Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services