About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. https://www.anpost.com/About/Our-Strategy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, as Procurement Manager you will lead a team and be responsible for project and relationship management, governing a portfolio of spend on goods and services to achieve and exceed agreed procurement objectives. You will provide service to the organisation managing total cost of ownership, collaborating with the team, stakeholders and supply base to find the best solutions available while meeting procurement requirements and adding value result based outcomes.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- You will partner with internal teams and collaborate with senior management to define and drive project scope, schedule and budget with responsibility for savings delivery within the defined portfolio spend.
- As Procurement Manager you will implement best public procurement practices to drive value and reduce risk for An Post while sourcing, contracting and developing relationships with quality suppliers and identifying supply optimisation opportunities.
- You will shape and execute An Post’s procurement policies & procedures and work closely with key business customers to ensure compliance.
- You will build on existing talent within your buying team, managing performance development through leadership, coaching and mentoring, improving effectiveness and efficiency to deliver and exceed the targets set for procurement.
- You will implement both long and short term buying strategies for the assigned portfolio through strategic and tactical buying projects, optimizing route-to-market, cost reduction, supplier selection and develop key supplier relationships.
- The role will require you to manage contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers ensuring that contract terms and inclusion of KPI’s/ SLA’s achieve maximum benefit for the Company and govern long term relationships.
- As An Post works towards managing sustainability as part of the day to day business of the Company, you will investigate opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint and ensure sustainable procurement is considered to its maximum potential.
- In line with the transformational developments within the business strategy, you will be a champion of change, engaging your team.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years at senior procurement buyer level and will have amassed hands-on experience at negotiations in a range of categories i.e. marketing, IT services, fleet management, property management, capital expenditure projects, security services, logistics, professional services.
- You should have a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants with recent and relevant experience in public procurement including Irish and EU law (Utilities) are preferred.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong technical and commercial procurement experience within large and diverse organisations, have excellent communication skills and be self-motivated with demonstrable problem-solving and decision making skills.
- You will have the ability to work collaboratively, with the capability to manage with influence as well as authority, building strong relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Substantial financial understanding and credibility in the analysis and reporting of results/forecasts and compliance to policies is required.
- Technical and professional knowledge
- Influencing and gaining commitment
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Problem solving & analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services